Triumph 675 Forums banner

T3 Racing Nitron Shock Offer

11K views 59 replies 16 participants last post by  brancart1 
#1 ·
Not sure if u guys have seen this, but its going around all the forums...

"We promised that today we would announce a seriously special offer, so if you're in the market for some very nice suspension for either your Daytona 675 or Street Triple then pin your ears back and listen carefully.
This Friday 22/06/2012 at 6 O'clock we will open our shop to an incredible offer on the Nitron Race Pro rear shock as used in the Triumph Triple Challenge and by Luke Jones in British Supersport (He has been running and finishing in the top six!). For 7 days only you will be able to buy this full competition shock for...... wait for it....... just £328.50 + VAT. That is an incredible 50% off retail! This offer will run until 6pm on Friday 29th and will never be repeated. So if you have been thinking about changing your rear shock for something that works and looks great, this is your 7 days. You don't have to keep this a secret because we will honour any order placed in those 7 days no matter how many, so tell your friends!
You can visit this product at www.t3-racing.co.uk and click on online store so you know exactly where to go at 6pm on Friday, just before you pop down the pub for a pint feeling very pleased with yourself."

Link to shop suspension http://shop.t3-racing.co.uk/performance-suspension-26-c.asp

:thumbup:

See less See more
#8 ·
Damn if only I had the money right now >,<;

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#11 ·
I was wondering about the automatic preload adjustment. As I am still a novice with only two seasons of riding experience and am set to start going to the track and I have money to spend what would be the best choice? Auto or non automatic preload adjustment? Thank you in advance!

Jerry

#14 ·
I was wondering about the automatic preload adjustment. As I am still a novice with only two seasons of riding experience and am set to start going to the track and I have money to spend what would be the best choice? Auto or non automatic preload adjustment? Thank you in advance!

Jerry
You don't typically adjust pre-load more then once unless your weight changes a lot. Sometimes you may need to adjust it for different tracks but that's not typical.

#20 ·
Keep in mind that this shock already includes a hydraulic adjuster so you don't need a spanner to adjust preload. The hydraulic adjuster will make it easy to make quick adjustments. Their just not automatic. To be honest I believe the automatic adjuster is something they've brought over from their car suspension where preload is a pain to setup manually, hydraulic adjusters or not.

#21 ·
Yes you will need a spanner. This is the 'automatic/hydraulic' preload adjusters. It is optional: http://www.nitron.co.uk/Shop/Product/1860/hydraulic-preload-adjuster-46mm-racepro-shocks

If you see the shock on the nitron websop you will see this and they both costs 165 (in t3 store and nitron store)
'Some images display the optional hydraulic pre-loader accessory which is not supplied as standard but can be added to most shocks. Please see the 'accessories' section.'

#22 ·
If that is the case then it is BEYOND poorly worded because there is nothing "automatic" about a hydraulic preload adjuster. It's still a manual adjuster. An automatic one is one that set your preload AUTOMATICALLY based on bottoming. If they are using that wording then they are using the wrong wording.

jvh22a Please let us all know what they say when they reply to your email as I'm not getting it if it doesn't come with the hydraulic adjuster at that price. It's complete BS that they show it in the picture as included and don't say anywhere it's an option.

#23 ·
If that is the case then it is BEYOND poorly worded because there is nothing "automatic" about a hydraulic preload adjuster. It's still a manual adjuster. An automatic one is one that set your preload AUTOMATICALLY based on bottoming. If they are using that wording then they are using the wrong wording.
haha true, I searched the whole Nitron website but can't find anything about automatic preload adjusters :p That's why im thinking it is the hydrolaulic adjusters, the price is the same.

You can select with the automatic/hydraulic adjuster or not.
'Available with or without automatic preload adjuster. '
http://shop.t3-racing.co.uk/nitron-ntr-race-pro-shock-684-p.asp

#24 · (Edited)
Yes can have it or not but it's not a deal if it doesn't come with it. If you add the price to it and shipping it comes to $827 US Dollars. I can get a triple clicker Penske with hydraulic adjustment for a $100 more from a local suspension tuner and get free suspension adjustment at every track day for ever.

Okay I double checked and I think it's actually only a double clicker but I still stand that it's a better deal especially since I and most people will not really need the hi speed adjustment anyway.

Also I shot an email to T3 about it because I really find it hard to believe that such a company would mis-word such a common device and also show this specific shock in all their pictures everywhere with the hydraulic preload and then charge extra for it.

I might point out that the reason the hydraulic pre-load adjust is so important to me is that I occasionally like to carry a passenger and it takes a lot of work to adjust the preload ring with a spanner in order to prevent bottoming with a passenger.

#25 ·
Yes can have it or not but it's not a deal if it doesn't come with it. If you add the price to it and shipping it comes to $827 US Dollars. I can get a triple clicker Penske with hydraulic adjustment for a $100 more from a local suspension tuner and get free suspension adjustment at every track day for ever.
still no email response. im new to all this so is T3 a well known company? i dont want to place an order,wait then find out i got the shaft!

how is the companies customer service?
has anyone actually used this shock before?
quality?

if not many people have used this i will just wait and save a few more bucks and get ttx,penske or elka.

#30 ·
looking at the picture on t3's site, it would seem that even with the hydraulic preload adjuster, one would still need a tool of some sort to loosen the locking ring just above the hydraulic unit prior to adjusting preload. (?)

does anyone know if this shock is height adjustable? I have a pair of the MKII flux plates that I was considering installing, but they lower the ride height if I understand correctly. I would like a shock that I can adjust ride height with while keeping the preload where I want.

#36 ·
Just got off the phone with Tony and it seems they are having IT issues with the email address..
If u have not recieved a reply and need to contact Tony, then please use this email address tony@triumphtriplechallenge.com
If u u still get no reply, send one to me at dodge@carbon4u.com and i will make sure Tony gets it.
Dont want u guys missing out on this offer..

#37 ·
So whoever did the website for T3 really screwed up. The "automatic pre-load adjuster" should be called the "hydraulic pre-load adjuster. I think I'm going to pass on this deal. I really want the hydraulic pre-load adjuster but can't see paying 40% extra for it and not having local support for the shock. I'll just buy from my local suspension tech and get lifetime support for a little more then this shock would have cost me with the pre-load adjuster.

Thanks Dodge for clearing this up.

#39 · (Edited)
So whoever did the website for T3 really screwed up. The "automatic pre-load adjuster" should be called the "hydraulic pre-load adjuster. I think I'm going to pass on this deal. I really want the hydraulic pre-load adjuster but can't see paying 40% extra for it and not having local support for the shock. I'll just buy from my local suspension tech and get lifetime support for a little more then this shock would have cost me with the pre-load adjuster.

Thanks Dodge for clearing this up.
Finally after having to open up a new account I have managed to get back up on here. Thought it would be a good idea to answer a few questions. MacBandit you are correct in that the unit shown does not have an automatic preload adjuster, it has a hydraulic preload adjuster (Guy Evans the MD of Nitron and myself have not come across such a thing as an automatic preload adjuster on motorcycle suspension, if you could explain this technology for bikes to us we are interested to look in to it).

Therefore I have to confess that was a slip up in phraseology, a laziness in our terminology. We have a tendency to call them automatics in the paddock.

The picture shown does have the hydraulic preload adjuster fitted because we had so many emails asking if one could be fitted when we had a picture of it without one, it seemed easier to show it and offer it as an option in the menu.

The front cartridge kits are 20mm units and fully adjustable. Our experience here in the UK at British Championships has been an interesting one. Last year Luke Jones who won the Triumph Triple Challenge was qualifying at Snetterton, a real power circuit. Interestingly he went 0.01 faster than the pole position rider in the next class up, Superstock. The TTC bikes run Nitron Suspension front and rear and have stock 675 motors, the superstock bike that set pole had 7BHP more and ran ohlins 30mm front suspension and a TTX rear, makes you wonder how much you really need to spend on this stuff. In my opinion how well this stuff works comes down to tolerances and if there is one thing nitron do well it is watch their tolerances.

Apologies for any confusion guys, have a great day.

#38 ·
i so wanted this shock, and after thinking it over today im in the same boat as Macbandit. ill just wait till next month and get a different shock with local support. with the hyro adjuster it came out to about $840ish. If some sort of problem was to occur, i would have to remove and ship it back to the UK. then pay shipping back to me.

damn i realy wanted this...

#41 · (Edited)
i ended up ordering the shock right at the last minute. now im looking for help on picking spring rate. this is part of the email i got about spring rates

"Thank you for choosing the Nitron Shock,

Here is our suppliers list of recommended spring rates for rider weights. These are for the rider weight without leathers.

Please select the weight / spring weight that you require and let us know as soon as possible so that we can process you order.

6st - 8st – 500lb/in (9.0Kg/mm)
8st – 10st – 525lb/in (9.4Kg/mm)
10st - 12st - 550lb/in (9.8Kg/mm)
12st – 14st – 575lb/in (10.3Kg/mm)
14st – 16st – 600lb/in (10.7Kg/mm)
16st – 18st – 625lb/in (11.2Kg/mm)
18st – 20st – 650lb/in (11.6Kg/mm

""
so i went to race tech site and it says for my weight i need a .971kg/mm spring or closest.(180lbs no gear/ RT says bike weight is 425lbs).

so what would that equate to from the list above?

edit; i just realized i was looking at RT front fork spring rates.... please disreguard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.