Triumph 675 Forums banner

what did you do to your 675 today????

1M views 9K replies 1K participants last post by  siq75 
#1 ·
just like the title states, what did u do to your 675 today?

I rode mine to pick up a gel passenger seat, then installed front and rear brakes, and polished/waxed the paint

#3 ·
I flushed out and then re-filled the brake fluid in my rear resevoir, changed the oil, test rode her to make sure the brakes were right and cycle the fresh Mobil 1 T, re-installed my camera mount on the gas cap for my ride to OC, MD tomorrow, plugged in my battery tender, wiped her down and said "see you tomorrow lover." It's been raining here all day so I figured I get some minor maintenance done since I wouldn't be doing any riding.

#4 ·
Met up with my buddy who has an R1 Special Edition and cruised around for about 70 miles. Now I am trying to figure out a way to make a fender kit without spending $100. I would like to keep the stock bracket and turn signals just move it around a bit so it does not look as unattractive.

Any suggestions?

Reactions: Sammy901
#79 ·
Buy two "L" brackets from hardware/home improvement store, bore out the holes so the passenger peg bolts fit thru them, paint the brackets flat Black, remove the fender, install integrated tail light or relocate rear indicators to sub frame holes under the tail and attach plate to brakets under the exhaust canister like so:

Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

#12 ·
Changed the rectifier to an aftermarket one......spent 2 hours taking off the rear wheel, seat, tank and shock to get to it.......put it all back together and put the dry wheels back in ready for the California Superbike School at Silverstone next week..........

Tomorrow will be dialling the dry settings back in and loading it on the trailer

#14 ·
Nada today. My meds made a little sick so I missed a ride in the canyons. Yesterday I picked up some Frog Toggs rain gear and a battery tender for when my USB to ECU cable comes in. I'm still waiting for my Arrow slip on and rear sets.

#16 ·
Stared at it because I'm waiting for my connectors to come in from Eastern Beaver. If I had known it was going to take this long for those damn things to come in I would have just had decosse hook things up! I've stared at her for the past 2 weeks. :tissue:

#18 ·
Nothing today. (It's 8am)

But yesterday I met up with a mate on a ZX/10R and we hit the hills. Rode the wheels off both bikes on The Creek Run - a winding ribbon of road that follows a creek through the Mt Lofty Ranges. It's out personal TT.

Wound up through Lobethal, back down the hill, ground the sliders at Photo Corner and then on to the Mad Mile. Crossed up wheelies over The Crest followed by a late lunch at The Cudlee Cafe.

Then on up Fox Creek Road and towards Ashton on some of the best twisty roads...more 'responsible' TT action through Castle Curves, then carved up Marble Hill Road. Mid-winter bliss.

Almost froze our arses off, but roads were dry and barely a car in sight. Zero traffic lights from go to whoah. Joy!

O.B

#19 ·
Found out the cable from the exup valve snapped :( I heard a loud pop yesterday when I turned it on going to my girl's house last night. Walked around it and found nothing but I had to go... so I left and the CEL was on. Turned it on today and heard the little valve motor several times and found the wire for the exup valve snapped :( I've heard of people talk of this but never read any of the threads. Thought the threads were about something that could be fixed after exup valve problem occurred. Not that the cable snapped and to do preventive maintenance on it b4 it happened (still haven't read those threads hehe). Oh well, time to take the valve and cat off :)

#20 ·
Rode to church. Rode to work. At work, not working. Thinking of where I am going to ride after work. Ugh.

#21 ·
Installed clear alternatives smoked lens integrated tail light. Made sure it was all working... Ordered flasher relay through them because the stupid load resistors get to hot. Not like you have your blinker on for hours unless you forget but i don't trust them, fire is not good. Than went for a 70 mile haul all over jersey alone, and i think its almost time to go out again. No choice must ride, have to break in the arrow slip on.:thumbup:

#23 ·
Installed the TuneECU today!! oh and Techgrip tank pads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.