Triumph 675 Forums banner

Add me to the list of burned butt members....

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  KawiSockIt 
#1 ·
Hello, cheers, ciao, wassup, cheerio, konichiwa....

Seems like I've been swapping in and out of a bunch bikes lately, but one of current bikes, and one I plan on keeping a while is this new to me, 2007 Daytona. The only gripe is the dang ole hot butt, from the under tail exhaust. I've already ordered the British Customs gel seat, and it's on it's way. However, I think on cooler days, the warmth may be a welcomed edition.

Anyway, after test riding this 675, I was absolutely blown away. As everyone knows, and me included now, it's so damn telepathic in the turns. Point and shoot, and boom... you're right where you wanted it to go. Not as comfy as my ZX6 636 for sure, but the torque and fun in the turns is what made me add it to the current inventory.

I do have one question, that may be better suited to a sub forum, but what's the difference on the 2007 675 Daytona exhausts? When I was searching for a bike, I found some with 3 exhaust ports in the can, and some with one. Mine has the one...

Thanks, and see you guys around.

See less See more
#2 ·
I do have one question, that may be better suited to a sub forum, but what's the difference on the 2007 675 Daytona exhausts? When I was searching for a bike, I found some with 3 exhaust ports in the can, and some with one. Mine has the one...
3 holes is the stock exhaust, 1 hole is the TOR (Triumph Off-Road) exhaust. It's a little louder than stock but no power gain or weight loss.

Oh and welcome!

#4 ·
3 holes is the stock exhaust, 1 hole is the TOR (Triumph Off-Road) exhaust. It's a little louder than stock but no power gain or weight loss.

Oh and welcome!
Thanks for the info. I tend to buy bikes as impulse purchases, and keep the ones I like, and sell the ones I get bored with.

This particular bike is weird. It's not the most comfortable thing I've owned, but it just makes me smile in the twisties. Truth be told, it probably makes me a better rider than I probably am. I like that.

Drop-dead gorgeous bike. Congrats on the purchase.

For the heat problem you could fabricate a heat shield with some aluminium sheet and place it under the seat. It might not shield you indefinitely but delaying the onset of the "burnt butt" symptoms is still a plus.
Will that trap heat in the battery box and hurt anything that way?

And thanks for the compliment. Unmolested, stock bike. I'll add my own flavor to it here shortly.

Thanks for the welcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.