Triumph 675 Forums banner

Crankshaft Sensor/Rapidbike

6K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  lhmaricato 
#1 · (Edited)
Can someone please tell me where the crankshaft sensor is located on the 13+ models? Or even better a picture would be greatly appreciated..

#2 ·
If you are referring to the connector, I can help you as I recently installed a PCV in my 2014 and took the attached picture. Also attached are the installation instructions which indicates the connector in Fig.G on page 5. You have to raise up the front of the tank to access it. Releasing the connector is tricky. You would need to trace this wire to locate the sensor itself.

Attachments

#7 ·
I am real eager to hear how the Rapidbike works for you. I have been tuning with an LM2 and I am not finding as much joy as I would like, honestly I am spending a ridicules amount of time on it and I am considering going Evo or Race.

Please post up your results :)
t_bare

#9 ·
I've fitted the Rapid Bike EVO with no dramas. Just make sure you've got the right plug. Everything was plug and play when I did it, despite it being a bit annoying to get all the injector plugs connected.

It might be the wrong (RB) wiring harness by the sounds of it. I haven't got mine installed so will go grab it from the garage.

Pretty sure the CPS connectors on mine were white/clearish plugs though (on the bike).

#10 ·
Quick update: TPS should be the three pin. Crank sensor (CPS) two-pin. Gear position sensor three-pin. So your loom looks right.

The detailed instructions they give should tell you the plugs you're looking for and also the wire colour combo.

I've got an early 2013 (new Gen model) and like I said had no issues. Some of the connections - CPS and O2 sensor - were a right pain to get to though. CPS should be between your ABS brake lines from memory, right down low.

#11 ·

Pretty sure this is the Crank S. point you need. The yellowy clear plug.

There's also a three pin deep in under there that is probably the other one you're looking for. I'm just assuming here as I've got the tank up for another issue and took this quick pics and couldn't find my EVO instructions to confirm by wire colours.

#12 ·
See this is where I'm confused, on the rapidbike istructions it's showing the clear connection as the crank sensor just like your showing me, but if you look at the PCV instructions it shows the 6 pin black connector as the crank sensor which matches my bike.... that clear connector on my bike links to the rear ABS and the other black one next to it is the quick shifter..

#13 ·
Although the PCV uses the six-pin connector, the Bazzaz and it appears also the Rapidbike uses two other connectors that are even harder to reach (easier if you pull the crankcase ventilation hose out of the way). The following link is a forum disscussion by one of your countrymen regarding connecting the Bazzaz to those connectors. If you start reading from Post #27, you may find this guy's approach helpful:

http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=114353&page=3&highlight=cps+connector

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.