Triumph 675 Forums banner

What to wear under your leather pants?

5K views 24 replies 23 participants last post by  tripledigits07 
#1 ·
So i was looking at Bilt Stay Cool Long Johns

http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product/base_layer_long_johns/web1010129

as something to wear under my new-ish leather pants. The pants themselves are fairly comortable but the knee area is tearing up my knee's. So I was looking for something to wear underneath that would perhaps provide a tad protection for my knee's but also not be too bulky and intrusive. I also was looking into the Dainese Norsorex Pants but their pretty pricey IMO, or at least compaired to the bilt Long Johns.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-norsorex-pants

Curious is anyone else has some recommendations for something like this and or wouldn't mind sharing what they wear underneath their leathers. (provided it's SOMETHING :D )

#3 ·
I've worn Under Armour pants when I put my two piece together. I have the Bilt shirt and my only complaint is the sleeves are too long. I got a large and might go down to a medium but worried the chest area will be too tight!

#5 ·
On my leather pants if the Velcro tab that keeps the armor pocket closed is not set right then there is scratching on my skin. You may want to try and figure out what the problem is and see if you can just fix it with out the need of any other garment. It may be a little bit of the reflective pipping that is not sew in properly and all you do is have to carefully trim away a little piece of it. You can even hand sew some type of fabric over the area.
I have several full leg garments mostly to keep me warm in cold temps, I know stores like Target and Walmart carry a few different types. I constantly comb the bargain bins at some off beat places and over the years have collected a number of different under garments for cold, cool and wet weather.

#8 ·
good suggestion. I also only just wear boxer briefs under mine. I feel like those neoprene pieces always bunch up on the back of the knee and become uncomfortable. At $30 i may just try the bilt long johns as worst case scenerio I'll have another pair of long johns to wear for something like snowboarding or something similar.

Anyone else have any suggestions or time with either of those two products?

thanks for the help guys

#17 ·
Before you wear them put your arm inside the leg and make sure the knee pad is in correctly. I find with mine that if a seam of leather that is just above the pad is not flush it digs into my skin and is uncomfortable.

As for underwear, long leg synthetic sport pants are awesome as far as sweat and functionality are concerned.

#18 ·
Compression shorts and that's it. If you are getting scratched by velcro, there are many companies out there that make compression knee joint pieces as well.

#20 ·
Personally, not a fan of under armor, feels like stretchy plastic to me. I usually wear silk-weight Patagonia underwear under my leathers. I also bought a one piece suit from Moto-d at the end of summer, so haven't worn it much yet. It's a nice piece and cheap too. Works well all by itself under leather pants and a jacket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.