Triumph 675 Forums banner

With great sadness, I'm no longer a Triumph owner...

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Sidewinder600 
#1 ·
...but the pain is eased by the new Diavel taking it's place in the garage. Muahahaha.....

In all seriousness, the Daytona was an incredible machine, it just didn't make sense in my current situation. Most of my riding is now commuting due to my work schedule, and my commute (and central Ohio in general) has roughly 4 turns to enjoy that aren't onramps so it just became a lower back / ab / leg workout instead of an enjoyable ride.

Plus, the Diavel is just a stuuuuupid fun bike. I was on the fence about the styling but after test riding it I didn't care what it looked like.

And naturally the week after I swapped I also got the RR recall notice. Go figure...

#6 ·
I was part of the Cycle World Magazine/Ducati Promotion for the Diavel last summer. We rode it for about an hour or so. I was not a big fan of this bike prior to riding it, but afterwards I had a whole different opinion. I don't know if I would buy one, but it was a nice bike. Congratulations.

#7 ·
Thanks guys. The slow-speed handling takes some getting used to but once up to speed it just feels like a slightly stretched Monster. I'm still tweaking the suspension though so the handling is a work in progress. When I first got it they had all preload and damping taken out and it always felt like it was dragging it's ass like a dog on carpet, but I have it about 90% dialed in now. It occasionally still feels a little busy over rough pavement and like that huge rear tire wants to work it's way in front of the front in hairpins, but a handful of throttle fixes that. :whistle:

In reality though, the star of the show is the motor. Minor handling quirks are easy to forget the first time you hammer it coming out of a 30 mph sweeper. It also makes you thankful for all that rubber back there...

Some crappy phone pics as I haven't had it clean enough for real pictures yet because I'm always riding instead of washing:

#12 ·
Both? Dayummmm... That would be ideal, but I have the feeling the 675 would get neglected. Not because of any shortcomings of course, but just because there are no consistent roads within 1.5 hours of here that would do it justice. I have the feeling in SoCal you don't really have that issue...

#14 ·
Did I mention that I need my Bike back ?! Joke aside that is a beauty :thumbup:

BTW, How far upfront are the handlebars? Do you feel stretched at all (Height)?

#15 ·
I think the riding position is really comfortable actually, especially with the touring seat. The reach to the bars looks longer than it actually is. It's a good compromise between comfort and sport. You start looking like a monkey humping a football when you REALLY hang off for sportier riding but it doesn't really feel that awkward.
I'm 5'10" and everything feels natural to the point where I've been out for 5 hours mixed highway/twisties and the only thing that was starting to get sore was my tailbone because of the seat curve. Even so, a little shift here and there and I could have easily gone for twice that. Probably will tomorrow with the weather shaping up, actually.
On the other hand, I did a 9 hour ride once on the 675. Once...:hurt1:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.