Triumph 675 Forums banner

The official triumph675.net Australian lap time Leaderboard!!!!

59K views 248 replies 38 participants last post by  Crouchy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys and girls.

Since so many of us are getting out to the track I figured it was about time we had our own leaderboard. If I can get you guys to post in here your best laps at tracks around the country I will make up a bit of a spread sheet we can all have a look at. It's not a super serious competitive thing, there are no sheep stations on the line so I'm happy to accept times that have been recorded with a stopwatch or onboard lap timer. However, if you are found to be giving dishonest times I will make sure the ridicule is as intense as it is long lasting.

If you can all use the following format so I can copy/paste into the spreadsheet that would be helpful. Please list the following information: Track: Winton, Phillip Island, etc. Date: Just month and year will do, if you can't remember have a guess. Bike- make, model and year of manufacture. Tyres: make, model and compound. Suspension: stock, revalved/resprung, ***********, Ohlins etc.

eg:

Rorz.......Mallala.......5/11.......2006 GSXR-750.......Metzeler Racetec K2 F & R.......stock.......1:20.2

All makes of bike are welcome to be on the leaderboard. There is only one rule: No negative comments about other peoples lap times unless you personally know them and it's in jest. Other than that, go for gold! :nod:

Leaderboard is up!----------------> https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...EUxeEtrZklpcURiU0hwLVQ4T3h2VGc&hl=en_GB#gid=0

See less See more
#73 ·
Now I have a time I can have some confidence in better put it up on the board - might embarrass me in to pushing a bit harder.

Davidr........25/4/12....Mallala......RSV4R......Pirelli Supercorsas F&B....124.95

(Thanks for the loan of the lap timer Rorz)

#77 · (Edited)
No problem lending you the timer mate, stout lap. Your Supercorsa's, are they SP's or SC1/SC2/SC3? It will be on the side of the tyre.

haha, I didn't realise any old slowpoke could get their name on the spreadsheet until I just re-looked at it now, I thought you had to be the fastest. Since dawdlers can go on...

MadMel......22/04/2012......Queensland Raceway......2012 Triumph Daytona 675R......Metzeler Racetec K3 F&R......stock Ohlins......stock Ohlins......1:28.011
Haha, you don't have to break the lap record to get on the leaderboard mate! It's just a bit of fun. Well done on your lap.

Just out of interest, how many ride days are you getting out of the K3's? What group do you normally ride in?

Hook me up on the leaderboard Rorz for Phillip Island.

2006 Daytona 675...Phillip Island...24Apr12...1:58.7...Dunlop Q2 F&R...Stock everything

It was consistent 2:01's from lap 2 onwards and although there was a 1:57.6 I'm not claiming it as I was using the onboard timer and the distance wasnt correct for that lap even with the it recording the highest top speed of the session.
There was enough 1:58/1:59's to be happy it is accurate enough.
That and Mick was recording similar times on his CBR1000 with us swapping places all day long.

Cheers,

Egg
Great times there Egg, quite impressive for first time at the Island in difficult conditions.

Just for the fun put me on there as well!

xrilek........25/4/12....Mallala......Daytona 675......Pirelli Supercorsas Stock suspension....1,28.76
Great lap mate, I've added that one to the leaderboard for you. Just need to confirm- is your Daytona a 2011 and what compound are your Supercorsa's- SP/SC1/SC2/SC3? Will be on the side of the tyre.

#74 · (Edited)
haha, I didn't realise any old slowpoke could get their name on the spreadsheet until I just re-looked at it now, I thought you had to be the fastest. Since dawdlers can go on...

MadMel......22/04/2012......Queensland Raceway......2012 Triumph Daytona 675R......Metzeler Racetec K3 F&R......stock Ohlins......stock Ohlins......1:28.011

#75 ·
Hook me up on the leaderboard Rorz for Phillip Island.

2006 Daytona 675...Phillip Island...24Apr12...1:58.7...Dunlop Q2 F&R...Stock everything

It was consistent 2:01's from lap 2 onwards and although there was a 1:57.6 I'm not claiming it as I was using the onboard timer and the distance wasnt correct for that lap even with the it recording the highest top speed of the session.
There was enough 1:58/1:59's to be happy it is accurate enough.
That and Mick was recording similar times on his CBR1000 with us swapping places all day long.

Cheers,

Egg

#88 ·
Ozegg can you just let me know if your time at Lakeside was the long circuit with the bus stop? Cheers.

No-one from Perth taking times?

Well if anyone ever comes over here, take a time at Barbagallo.

My alleged time is 1:10 +/-0.5 (Timed by Filly-Fuzz)

1/7/12

Street Triple R, stock everything except akrapovic exhaust,
Dunlop Sportmax Sportsmart Tyres.
You're the first one mate. What year was your bike made?

#91 · (Edited)
WA tracks

Quattro750.......Barbagallo.......6/12.......2006 675.......Pirelli SC1/SC2.......arrow stage 1.......ohlins piston kit.......ohlins ttx.......1:03.10

Quattro750.......Collie.......2/12.......2006 675.......Pirelli SC1/SC2.......arrow stage 1.......ohlins piston kit.......ohlins ttx.......0:49.59

cheers

#98 ·
Okay, everything up to date.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...rZklpcURiU0hwLVQ4T3h2VGc&hl=en_GB&pli=1#gid=0

Quattro750.......Barbagallo.......6/12.......2006 675.......Pirelli SC1/SC2.......arrow stage 1.......ohlins piston kit.......ohlins ttx.......1:03.10

Quattro750.......Collie.......2/12.......2006 675.......Pirelli SC1/SC2.......arrow stage 1.......ohlins piston kit.......ohlins ttx.......0:49.59

cheers
Good to see some more WA times! These are from 2011 I'm assuming?

Thanks!:cool2:
11th of July.....
Thanks for that bud.

yep Rorz, its with the bus stop- it is mandatory for bikes as far as I know.

Too many riders were killed carrying too much speed, running wide under the bridge, and hitting the outside gaurd rail back in the late 70's/possibly early eighties.

The bus stop reduces speed and positions the bikes away from the gaurd rail.
Ah okay, I have heard Lakeside is a bit of a dangerous track. Never seen it for myself though. Thanks mate.

#94 ·
^That would be a very scary spot without the bus stop. The track drops off as you'd be going through a really fast corner, it would naturally push you to the outside at god knows how fast... I expect over 160. And you'd probably be wanting to hit the brakes at the corner exit too, to set up for Hungry Corner.

I'd be fine personally... I am slow as hell at Lakeside.

#95 ·
Well over 160 MadMel - I'm doing an easy 170 in 3rd coming over then off throttle to roll into Hungry without brakes, and I'm not that quick. The bumps coming out of the BS could do with some patching though - same with the loose gravel/holes on the right just before the drop-off.

Wish I had some times from yesterday but know I got every D675 I saw out there and only got done once by an S1k coming out of the Eastern Loop but got it back into Karasel :) Green group though...

#96 ·
I know what you mean, LeeHamFroMyhr. I didn't explain my thought clearly... I meant that if you didn't go through the bus stop, the turn on the main track right where the bus stop exits would be treacherous, and you'd be doing at least 160 at the spot where the bus stop exits. You're right, that would be too early for braking for Hungry. It is a little bumpy there, for sure. I learned the hard way to keep my speed up so as to not accelerate too hard when you leave the bus stop... thought I was going to loop the Daytona, the wheel came up so high. Hopefully see you out there soon, mate. Going to try Morgan Park for the first time later this month.

#103 ·
MadMel......21/09/2012......Morgan Park (K Circuit)......2012 Triumph Daytona 675R......Pirelli Diablo Superbike Pro F&R......stock Ohlins......stock Ohlins......1:38.898 (lap timer provided by track day organiser)
Sorry for the delay, got that one up there for you now mate.

DavidR - Mallala - 3/11/12 - 2010 RSV4R - Supercorsa SPs (totally knackered ones) - 123.35
Certainly climbed a few places there! Well done, great lap.

Do we have a leaderboard for the guys in the US? I tried searching without luck
I'm going to make you a very special offer right now. How would you like to buy the rights to the US lap time leaderboard?* For a nominal fee (probably very close to the amount required to fix a damaged race bike) you can purchase these rights, go forth and create your own leaderbaord thread and reap the monetary reward of doing so!**

*I am not in any way authorised to sell these rights.

**There is definitely no monetary reward from creating or moderating a leaderboard thread.

#102 ·
Looks like you just volunteered to moderate the USA leader-board thread!!!!

#105 ·
Done!

I'm going to make you a very special offer right now. How would you like to buy the rights to the US lap time leaderboard?* For a nominal fee (probably very close to the amount required to fix a damaged race bike) you can purchase these rights, go forth and create your own leaderbaord thread and reap the monetary reward of doing so!**

*I am not in any way authorised to sell these rights.

**There is definitely no monetary reward from creating or moderating a leaderboard thread.
I'm short on cash so I just went ahead and stole your spreadsheet format. LOL

http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=66623

#106 ·
Ok Rorz, I've finally found some time to get back on this site to load my times from the last couple of track days.

Ozegg......15/09/2012......Broadford......2006 Triumph Daytona 675......Dunlop Q2's F&R......stock ......stock......1:07.7

Ozegg......19/10/2012......Phillip Island......2006 Triumph Daytona 675......Dunlop Q2's F&R......stock ......stock......1:53.4

Another pic from Phillip Island, yes I bought them too.

#109 ·
New Lap time - PI

Hey Rorz,
Been a while since I've hit the forum. Took out the daytona 675 recently to PI with some improved lap times....Man this bike is freakin AWESOME! Did the 5 and 6th Nov, with the best time coming on the second day. I'm dying to get in the 49s!!!Maybe on the DEC 2 when I'm next there....

dburmas......06/11/2012......Phillip Island......2007 Triumph Daytona 675......Dunlop NTECs F&R......stock ......stock......1:50.7

#111 ·
Hi guys, good to see some more lap times but unfortunately I'm building a gas plant on an island off Queensland so can't update the leaderboard. I'll be home for Xmas, I'll update it then.

Well done on those times btw, hopefully there'll be a couple more before I return. Ride hard! :)

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#112 ·
Hi guys, good to see some more lap times but unfortunately I'm building a gas plant on an island off Queensland so can't update the leaderboard. I'll be home for Xmas, I'll update it then.

Well done on those times btw, hopefully there'll be a couple more before I return. Ride hard! :)

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Completely unrelated to the lap times, sadly we have no tracks up in CQ. But would you happen to be working on Curtis Island?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.