Triumph 675 Forums banner

OEM comfort seat street triple 2013

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Keithstriple 
#1 ·
Hi,

Atm i have the stock seat, but I might replace the stock seat with the OEM comfort seat from triumph. Is this a good improvement?
I can buy this one at 50 procent off so the price is pretty ok.

Greetings,

BelgianRider

#2 ·
I have the "High Comfort" seat, it's a little less "square" and a bit taller, the material is a little nicer as well as the stitching, but in all honesty not that much more comfortable. It still tends to throw you (and your vital parts) up against the tank during heavy braking or large bumps. If I had to do it all over again I might just save my money. I had a Corbin on my Yami R6 and that was a definite improvement, this one not so much unfortunately. Just my $0.02

Dan

#3 ·
I agree with Dan, if I were to do things over again I'm not sure if I would have got the seat.

Initially I found a bigger difference but it has mostly wore off (this is talking about the "High Comfort" as well), the one place I do find it makes a difference is to my passenger though. My girlfriend much prefers the high seat as it puts me into a more comfortable spot for her, and I do find that I shift around less when using this seat than the stock. When it's just me though I find myself going back to the stock seat as you feel less "on top" of the bike and more "in" the bike if that makes any sense.

As well just as Dan said the material is a bit nicer and this stitching does look quite nice.

Again not experience with the standard comfort seat, only the high comfort seat.

#4 ·
Send your seat to Spencer @ Great Day to Ride and get the "LD" gel upgrade. I had a Sargent and like the Spencer better. And you can't tell just by looking at the seat that he did anything to it - it looks OEM. He adds just enough padding in the front part to help keep you from sliding into the tank. He has a Striple as well, so he knows what is needed.

#8 ·
I've ridden on the Triumph Comfort Seat for about 40,000 miles, mostly on curvey, mountainous roads. Very little Xway. It has the 3M insert.
I am glad I bought it ($270) and would buy it again. It is much more comfortable than the original seat. I definitely ride longer because of this seat.

My opinion: buy it you will be pleased. Sounds like a great price!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.