Triumph 675 Forums banner

BEST TRACKDAY PIC

553K views 3K replies 701 participants last post by  Rex_S 
#1 ·
didn't see a specific thread on trackday pics only. this would consolidate all pics on the subject. try to limit it to 1-2 photos and give a brief description.

track: mid-ohio (turn 5 w/ chicanes "keyhole")
bike: '99 triumph daytona 955i

See less See more
#2,767 ·

Unique shot, don't think I've had a photo from here/this angle before, so I liked it.

#2,769 ·
VIR North on my 1199s. My rear cowling had flown off for no reason the session prior and was now firmly taped in place. I'll try to get one of the triumph soon. Also please ignore that horrendous body position...The caught me in a transition lol.

#2,770 ·
Also from Road America last week Tueday with STT. I saw Torchsport out in the sessions but didn't know you were from the forum. Bummer I would have said hi.

There was an awful crash in the kettle bottoms in session 6 of the day. I'll post the video in a new thread.

#2,771 ·
Let's see if I can embed these pics from the new Whiskey Hill Raceway in Palmer MA. The track is quite the place. Carved into a mountain top, it has some fundamental limitations as a bike track, but it is REALLY technical and fun if you can accept that it's not a place you can go 100%.

OK, dropbox sucks. I'll attach the pics directly.

Attachments

#2,781 ·
No gremlins in your GoPro this year, great video. Its better watching track video when you know both the "cat" and the "mouse", great little battle you guys had. I kept waiting for Paul to give his behind the back one finger solute. I heard you guys had a blast and took full advantage of some pretty open track, really wish I could have made it. I've already been advised that next year I will be going and its not up for discussion, so I'm pretty stoked about that.

#2,787 ·
There are too many positive adjectives to describe the track. It's everything you've ever heard and more. Definitely not overhyped. The only thing for me that was a little less then expected is the corkscrew itself but I think that that is because our local track has a somewhat although smaller corner in it so we're all conditioned to dropping down steep grades at speed.

By the way Hokie failed to say that he pulled a 1:44 and maybe faster. He was second fastest in our group but fastest in the 600 class. MGF was also turning 1:44s but was a hair slower then Hokie due to his SV650 not having the balls necessary to keep up and I turned a 1:45 on my lowly Street Triple. My bike was hurting with the stock system (down on power and too much weight) on and I was way over geared. I ran nearly the entire track in 3rd gear and only barely saw over 120mph. Hokie has a -1/+2 setup which seemed to be just about ideal. Mentioning the exhaust I'm running the Arrow low pipe next time. It's louder but no where near as loud as most of the bikes that were under the limit there. They only warned 3 bikes on the first day we were there and only one of those a Desmo was kept off the track.

All awesome times for only being there 2 days. Consider that we could have been on the grid of the AMA Pro Supersport races in 2013. Well at the end but there still would have been one bike behind us. I'll take it though.

#2,795 ·
AFM Round 4 2015

A few pics from this last race round with the AFM - I'm still slow and underpowered, but getting faster :smile2: Set a new PB, and started to kick some mental demons that have been haunting me since my big crash in 2012. Had a great weekend with some epic battles!

#2,799 ·
Honey Badger don't care, Honey Badger don't give a shit.

Haha, I love your nom de plume. I hear Randall's voice every time I see it.
Haha, ya, a number of people started calling me that not too long after that video started to go viral - since it was a variety of people from a few different areas of my life, figured I'd embrace it :laugh2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.