Triumph 675 Forums banner

Cleanest Daytona on the planet for sale. 2011 Caspian Blue

19K views 37 replies 23 participants last post by  tqpolo 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm reluctantly selling my Daytona. It has just under 1600 miles. You will not find a cleaner bike anywhere, not even on a showroom floor. There is not a scratch, swirl mark, fingerprint, or even a speck of dust on this thing. It sits under a bike cover in the garage and at this point I only ride it around the block every couple weeks just to keep the battery charged and fluids circulating. It has never been ridden in the rain, and has never been parked outside. It was broken in properly and the oil was changed at 300 miles, then again at 1000 miles to be on the safe side. The bike still has it's factory unlimited mileage warranty in effect.

I bought this bike brand new last August after I wrecked my Speed Triple but honestly I'm just too spooked to ride anymore. I have added the following:

Arrow slip-on exhaust
Triumph carbon fiber exhaust heat shield
Triumph carbon fiber tank pad
Triumph anodized spools
Comp Werkes fender eliminator

As cliche as it sounds, my loss is really your gain here. I financed the whole thing (yeah, dumb idea looking back now) and owe more than the bike is really worth. I am asking $9500, which is less than I owe. I think this is pretty fair, as MSRP on a new bike is $10,999. My bike is every bit as clean (seriously...this is a must-see-to-believe bike), and has a couple expensive add-ons as well. For all intents and purposes, this is a brand new bike.

Pictures speak for themselves here.

Call or text me at 940-368-zero eight five nine

No tire-kickers please. I will not let you test ride the bike without cash in hand. I may let you sit on it. Maybe.

See less See more
#4 ·
Seriously, great looking bike. Price seems very fair to me. GLWS!

#14 ·
Truly a beautiful bike and probably a bargain for someone Stateside.
If you can ride, no long term injuries, try and get back on mate and enjoy what you have without regretting a sale in a few months.

#15 ·
Weather was nice this morning so I rode the Daytona to work today...never done that before. I hate leaving it out of sight for a couple hours but we do have a parking garage here so at least its not baking in the sun all day. I do still enjoy riding it every now and then but still can't justify keeping it. Someone come buy this thing before I change my mind!:nod:

#18 ·
If this doesn't sell within the next week, I'm going to have to take it up the the local dealer and put it on consignment.

Really don't want to do that. It will be sitting out front of their shop where I can't keep an eye on it all the time. Random people touch it, sit on it....Makes me sad to think about. :(

#19 ·
Or find out what price the dealer suggests for consignment and how much he will charge you to sell the bike, subtract that number and offer it one last time on the forum to a good home.
OR
Keep riding it on non busy, good weather days, on less traveled roads, until that spooky, gun shy, feeling subsides. I was out of the saddle for a long time and it took me almost 5-6 months to get comfortable again and start enjoying the ride, but it was worth the wait. Remember you don't have to go fast just because the bike wants to. She will be patient with you.
Hope it works out for you either way.

#20 ·
I keep putting off the consignment thing. I just can't stomach the thought of having the bike out of my sight. Should it not sell, then I may be stuck with a bike less perfect than it is now. Call me crazy but I don't want a bunch of tire kickers leaning against it and sitting on it.

I keep having inquiries, but not any serious interest.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.