Triumph 675 Forums banner

Exhaust and flashtune

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  jcp 
#1 ·
After much deliberation and research, my next bike will be a Triumph. I'm torn between the STR and S3, both would be fairly new models 2013 or newer. If I get the STR I plan on getting a SC Project conical slip on exhaust along with a K&N air filter. My local Triumph dealer said they could flash tune the ECU with the slip on, has anyone done this and anyone know if they use the Arrow slip on map or something else. If I went with the S3 I would either get the Arrow 3-1 low boy full exhaust or a Leo Vince low mount slip on. Thanks for the repsonse

#7 ·
That afm product is not worth the money. Do the tune and if not happy then a pc or Baz.

That's just the way it is...

Reactions: Rhyno54
#8 ·
gab what you mentioned on my thread about exhaust and flash tune is where I get confused, what's the difference? I will more than likely end up getting a 13 or newer STR, i've only been riding streetbikes for just over a year and don't think i'm ready for a litre bike like the S3 yet. The STR I test rode was a lot quicker than my FZ8. If I get the STR I plan on putting a K&N air filter a SC Project Conic slip-on on it and a flash tune from Triumph(i think it's the Arrow re-map). Now this is where I get lost, considering the slip-on and flash tune are done to the bike, where does the PCV come in? sorry for asking just want some clarification on the matter.

#9 ·
Up to 2012 it was possible to re-tune the Triumph ecu with proprietary software-free. From 2013 the ecu is locked so only Triumph's own software can be used thus the arrow slip on tune option. Many after market slip ons work perfectly well without a re-tune and no after market air filters need re-tuning. If you want to get benefit from more extensive mods such as de-cat headers your only option is an add on fuelling controller such as a power commander or Bazazz unit in each case several hundred pounds/dollars. Neither is worth doing without expert dyno operators time and skill. I would guess that there is no useful purpose in your going to such lengths as -at best you might gain 10bhp at a cost of at best $60 per horsepower. A simple step on post 13 bikes is to put a one tooth smaller front sprocket on for a few dollars and increase the power which you can use and feel.

#11 ·
I can only guess- the cost of a PCV is a matter for your local market so google is your friend. The cost of a dyno set up is a couple of hours of expert labour since to tune a bike is only worthwhile if someone who really knows the job takes a series of baseline runs and then makes detailed changes serially -each time validated by a power run. Anyone who asserts they have a set of settings which they always supply or a predetermined or automatic adjuster is selling you short.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.