Triumph 675 Forums banner

Performance mod

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  jdgun_13 
#1 ·
Sorry if this question has been asked before but was curious to find out if anyone has done a bore kit on a 2013+ STR, and if so what were the cost and how many cc's did it increase? Just wanted to find out if it's possible to bring the 675 to a 700 cc bike. Thanks for the response, again just want to find out if it's possible.

#2 ·
Sorry if this question has been asked before but was curious to find out if anyone has done a bore kit on a 2013+ STR, and if so what were the cost and how many cc's did it increase? Just wanted to find out if it's possible to bring the 675 to a 700 cc bike. Thanks for the response, again just want to find out if it's possible.
You sure can, it is not cheap that is for sure..I can send you details from emails i swapped with "THE GUY" to do it for you. I debated on doing this instead I just bought a Panigale and have never been happier with a near stock bike.

#4 ·
I bought +2mm bored block and carrillo made 2ring racing pistons to 13' vintage engine. That should make it a bit over 700cc.
Sofar they have only collected dust upstairs, but recently got an used stock engine which I'm going to build during this winter for oversized trackday motor. Carrillo H-profile conrods are also on my list but the exhange rate between € USD does not favour me at the moment.

Attachments

#5 ·
No offense Zupe, but lets hope that euro goes down even further, Since Stoner is back in the fold planning a trip to World Ducati Week in July!

PM sent to Rhyno54

#8 ·
No more stroke, there is nothing to play with pistonspeed nowadays.
When stroking u have to limit rpm which eats advantage of more cc, other use than racing is ofcourse different story.

I'm going to use data logging and full adjustable ecu, this is where u can achieve something today, could say increasing cc for me is just for fun.

#9 ·
No more stroke, there is nothing to play with pistonspeed nowadays.
When stroking u have to limit rpm which eats advantage of more cc, other use than racing is ofcourse different story.

I'm going to use data logging and full adjustable ecu, this is where u can achieve something today, could say increasing cc for me is just for fun.
Problem with the 675 design for the 06-12 is the already piston speed.. It is highly recommended you limit your rpm when boring one of these motors out. Not to mention even a stocker does not like being rev'ed like a 1000cc bike 14,000-14,500rpm,,,, kinda sad really. :crying:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.