Triumph 675 Forums banner

Let's see your Garages/Man Cave

182K views 736 replies 170 participants last post by  Chamca 
#1 · (Edited)
Figured since it's a hit on other forums, post up your garage. Workbenches, tools, cars/trucks/motorcycles, projects, etc. Whatever you got.

I'll start.

At first I was like:

But then I was like:

Moving in...

Getting more organized. Added a workbench, shelving on the right, a couple of metal cabinets under the soffit, and a big whiteboard on the soffit. Spare white kitchen cabinet on the left is a project for the next few weeks. Making a kitchen island on casters since there isn't enough counterspace, and the cabinet is going to be the main portion of the base. $25 at habitat for humanity.

My $10 workbench. Consists of 2 kitchen cabinets I got for free, and a $10 solid wood interior door from Habitat for Humanity. That's not coke in the bottle, btw. That was my brake fluid. Nasty.

And my toy. Wife's toy is the yellow Kayak

Other bike is a friend's Daytona 600 streetfighter. Took this photo at a trackday in october. His first.

I'm storing it for him for winter. He's also highly likely to be buying a new 675R over the winter months, so that will be coming into my garage as well.

See less See more
#3 ·
Here are some pics of my Garage last time I fixed it up. The floor is peeling now and it's a little cluttered. Now that my son moved out I have one bay free to dedicate only to the Triumph so by spring I plan to get it back into this condition.
I currently have a Triumph flag (in addition to the old BMW flag from my days with Bimmers)

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: SallyB
#5 ·
Damn, nowhere to move at all in there Talus. I like the checkered wall OKStriple. I want to do some more modifications and paint, but I'm in a rental unit so I'm kind of limited on what I want to do. I have to put it back to original condition, which dampens my plans a bit.

#7 ·
The checkered wall matched a Yamaha GP1200 Waverunner that was a former hobby of mine. I was ticked off at my wife about something and I spent a week of evenings in the garage painting squares. Now I can't remember what I was pissed about but it got me out of the house for a while

#10 ·
I WANT THAT STREETFIGHTER! lol That's my first project once I get into a garage!

Anyway right now i'm like this (However this is an old pic and I still had the FZ and the Cobalt, now it's down to the Daytona, the Crossfire, and the Trailblazer SS):

but in about a month i'm gonna be like:

#12 ·
Yep, I pretty much found my dream garage :thumbup:

One 10x20 bay, one 35 x 20 bay, and one 35 x 40 bay. with 8-12 foot ceilings, so lift = a must!

So basically I'll have a bike garage, a car garage, and i'm probably going to keep the small one for a paint/powdercoating room.

#13 ·
Jesus. I have an 38x13 and I thought that was huge. Right now I'm thoroughly enjoying the fact that cars outside in the complex have frost on them in the morning when we go to work, but my truck is already spitting out warm air by the time I leave the garage.

#14 ·
Very nice man, Shit i'd be happy with anything that allowed me to fit the bike and a toolbox in myself.

and I hate you lol right now i'm still having to scrape the ice off my trucks windshield!

#22 ·
I'm rocking a cluttered 1 car that maybe I'll post pics of after I get it cleaned up this weekend ;) but now a garage is an absolute must for me.

#24 ·
When we were looking for a house my only real stipulation was that it had to have at least a two car garage. I passed up some pretty decent homes because of the fact that they didn't have a garage. We always said that we would turn one of the bedrooms into a bike room, but the house we ended up getting doesn't have any access to get bikes in and out. Ya, moving in here was a pain but I have a garage so I am happy as can be.

Oh ya. Before I married my girl I made sure she knew that when we had a garage absolutely none of her crap was to be kept in there except her car and bike. The garage is not a storage unit.

#25 ·
Oh ya. Before I married my girl I made sure she knew that when we had a garage absolutely none of her crap was to be kept in there except her car and bike. The garage is not a storage unit.
Secret to a happy marriage there. Mine understands that there will only be 1 car in a 2 car garage and that happens to be whichever one we are driving to work in the morning (commute together, same company, but she works across the river). Which is usually my truck as it gets better gas mileage.

I've already put my foot down that any house we buy must have at least a 2 car garage, and will not be used for storage, sports equipment, or lawn care items. A shed out back will house those things.

#26 ·
I should take some photo's of the father-in-laws toy sheds. He has a double attached for their everyday cars, another double shed which he converted to his "hot-rod" shed. That has their 2 favorite muscle cars in and it has a bar out the back. Then he has a workshop up the road for his race car, another muscle car, Freightliner rig and transporter. It's crazy!

Shit, forgot about his other workshop that he keeps his F150 in! :smile: Seriously, he has the pinnacle of man cave setups. In his will, he's allowed money to build a shed for each of his daughters who each get a muscle car.

I was just happy when we built our garage bigger to allow for bikes, and allowed for a covered wash bay beside it. haha ya gotta start somewhere don't ya? :coolgleamA:

#27 ·
So... by extension, you get a muscle car. Nice. Did a good job marrying her.

For whatever reason, when my MIL sells her house in a few years, she's dividing up the money into thirds. She gets a third, we get a third, and the brother in law gets a third. Didn't ask for it, we'll have plenty of money on our own for a downpayment, but no way am I going to turn it down.

#30 ·
Ok, here's some crap night shots of mine since I can't seem to remember to do it during the day. The lighting in my garage is terrible, one of the many things to change along with putting in some epoxy floors and extending it into the basement. Ultimately it will be a showroom more than anything else. It'll have some banners and one full wall will be dedicated to my racing memorabilia/crash parts and team pictures.

Here's a couple more pics of the Eclipse. This thing has been a project and a half. It's the wife's car and is broken more often than it isn't. Note to self: Never buy a Mitsubishi ever again. Anyway, it's a great looking car (for being pink) and it came out exactly how I wanted it to. All show, no go:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.