Triumph 675 Forums banner

what did you do to your 675 today????

1M views 9K replies 1K participants last post by  siq75 
#1 ·
just like the title states, what did u do to your 675 today?

I rode mine to pick up a gel passenger seat, then installed front and rear brakes, and polished/waxed the paint

#8,225 ·
Wife and I took the Daytona and mini-bandit over to Port Townsend for the wooden boat festival. On the way back she accidentally wheelied in the middle of town. In front of a huge crowd. I'm talking probably 2' off the ground wheelie. I was so proud. Made me laugh. Also bought plans and had to strap it to the outside of my backpack and ride home with a 3' long roll of paper.

#8,229 ·
I threw her down today. Had a tank slapper and the next thing I was rolling on the asphalt. so sad. Broke rearsets. Ground down bar end and levers. When the rearset broke it scuffed up the swing arm. Right fairing scuffed up but would have been worse if it wernt for my frame and axle sliders. I give a thumbs up to GB racing sliders.

#8,230 ·
Pulled the front forks to get them resprung - again. Between picking up the pace and losing weight, we are out of adjustments for the second time this year - I'm kind of like this: :| but should be like this: :hooray:

Picked up the new Remus exhaust system, ordered a Annitori quick shifter. Ordered new wheel bearings and a few tools, too. Got my new brake lines to replace the R6 ones on there right now (they were the only spares anyone at the track had when I blew my lines going into Turn 1 at Thunderhill). Now to have a bike tear down and reassemble party once it all gets here! :grin2:

#8,235 ·
Took my D675 to the track for the first time. :smile2:
Was an awesome experience to do a track day at Eastern Creek here in Sydney.
Suspension was also set up properly for the track as well. Made a huge difference for my mid corner stability, as the first session I found it very squirmy in the rear mid corner.

Time to book the next one. Safe to say I'm hooked. :grin2:

Attachments

#8,246 ·
Took my D675 to the track for the first time. :smile2:
Was an awesome experience to do a track day at Eastern Creek here in Sydney.
Suspension was also set up properly for the track as well. Made a huge difference for my mid corner stability, as the first session I found it very squirmy in the rear mid corner.

Time to book the next one. Safe to say I'm hooked. :grin2:
How much fun is track hey! I have been twice now ( one at Lakeside and one at QR- Queensland Raceway) I am hooked! suspension will get dialed in more at next trackday!

#8,236 ·
noticed a nice leak coming from my brembo rcs master bleeder screw... of course that was while i was riding... time for some teflon tape!

#8,237 ·
Bleh, just went through the leaky MC bleeder screw thing. Ended up buying a nice, used MC.

Installed some GB Racing Frame Sliders I bought off the Ebays. More importantly I suppose, I removed my forks and shock (first time ever doing that) and shipped them off to Markbilt to be serviced and have the shock resprung. Can't wait to get them back for a couple NJMP track days next weekend!

#8,242 ·
Replaced the detent wheel and shift fork. The 13+ 675R's achilles heel... racing this final round at Miller. Gonna wreck some ships.

Attachments

#8,249 ·
Today I did a quick 10min job on the Daytona.
Finally bit the bullet and bought and fitted the 1050 throttle tube.
(And didn't strip the "cheese" screws! :smile2: )

After my track day last week, I realised why this mod should be done the moment you buy the D675. It was such an effort to get to full throttle. (Never really worried me on the street)

Well fitted it today, and went for a quick spin. Quite simply, wow!

Now to book another track day and test it out properly. :grin2:

#8,251 · (Edited)
It's at the point of the year now where the mornings are cold enough to need my heated gear, but riding home in the afternoon is stupid hot in my cold weather gear and I sweat my ass off.

Need to fix up my power outlets on the bike tonight in prep for a long ride in the AM.

EDIT:

All working again. And got the heated gear controller mounted back where it should be an a new LED soldered on since I broke the other one off. I had to shim it with a washer. I'll paint the washer black later.

I have a voltmeter that needs mounted at some point as well, but that's in the future.

#8,254 ·
The slip-on was definitely easy to fit, I say that because I was able to do it myself! I used a woodcraft servo eliminator and have had no issues/warning lights. The sound is great improvement (also removed the screw in end baffle) and the weight savings is significant considering this monster is removed;

Attachments

#8,256 ·
I thought the Scorpion was most proper to keep the bike a British affair. I got it through TJ from RidersDiscount for much less than anywhere else on the internet. He's on this forum, so you could just PM or email (forum@ridersdiscount.com) him with the make/model you want. I get ALL my stuff from TJ and RD now that I know better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.