Triumph 675 Forums banner

3 in 1 Arrow exhaust ECU tuning

9K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Plasmablaster 
#1 ·
Does anyone know, ?
I have bought a 3 in 1 arrow ,and the local dealer here in france wont do the ECU tune as i did not buy it from his shop, do i specifically need a triumph tune or can the guy down the road who works on all the superbikes do it.?
My nearest triumph dealer is 60 KM away, will it harm the bike if its fitted and running on standard triumph ECU settings for the journey down?
Hope someone can advise me well,
Cheers

#2 ·
Get used to the 60km trip as your local dealer is obviously a Sh*t and not someone you should do any business with.
The Triumph map is the one to go for as they have developed it for the Arrows pipe and an independent will have to re-invent the wheel, at your expense to achieve the same or better results.
The pipe will not run as well or produce best power without the map but a road run of 60km at legal speeds should be fine.
Your local dealer has not realised that if you turn away a customer out of spite you give a customer away with all his mates or all those who follow the net.
Name and shame!:itsok:

#3 ·
Cheers JCP,
Probably best i take the bike and part to Toulon and get em to do the business for me rather than letting the local guy tinker with it as he only has the software for the speed triple. Bought the part from three cross in the uk and never imagined Triumph in Nice would turn me away, basically because the garage next door aint official triumph technicians and there garlic eating French F****ks.

#4 ·
Tell Triumph, they would want a dealer in somewhere like Nice both to have up to date software and to welcome striple owners- an e-mail simply asking Triumph who they as a factory reccomend on the Cote D'Azur to fit your Arrows Pipe and re-map to suit would do wonders. Don't make it a complaint but simply a request for advice. They should light a rocket up his garlic b*tt.

#5 ·
It'll be fine

+1 to the above post. I rode nearly 80 miles down to the (closest) Triumph dealer here after my lowboy exhaust was installed to get the 3-1 tune loaded. I didn't have any issues. The tune did make a big difference. Be glad you only have 60Km.... When I lived in Missouri it was nearly 100mi to the closest dealer that I bought my bike from.

#6 ·
hello ,

I have diffrent question about 3in1 arrow exh., I know its quite stupid but I want to know, I found that on my arrorw there is no triumph logo on carbon end cap on some pictures and video I could found that there is printed triumph logo, I just makes me wonder that maybe someone have replaced my for some aftermarket one...

#8 ·
hmm, maybe you have right, but on the box was the sticker with triumph logo and code: A9600198 then I think its ordere from triumph directly. anyway its not big deal but would be nice to have this logo :) ...

#12 ·
Required Mods for Horra Hex ECU Map

Hi Steve,

I want to try the Map you shared, but make sure I set the bike up correctly. You wrote:

At the ECU link, the Horra Hex Map says:

ECU link said:
Street Triple from VIN 411984 to VIN 560476, 2010 Street Triple R Arrow full system k&n filter db killers removed,
111hp , from 102 hp dyno runs Tune ecu fuel and ignition adjustments. No SAI, No O²-Sensor, Speed Adjust 6%
Thanks Steve
I have a 2010 ST ... Here's the big questions:

do I need to remove the o2 sensor?

What's a "db killers" ?

Do I change anything for "No SAI"?

Lastly, what does "Speed Adjust 6%" mean?

Thank you very much. Just installed the Arrow low exhaust and remapped, love the difference and am interested in further improvements.

Thanks for any info in advance!

Travis

#10 ·
I work at a dealer part time building bikes for them in the beginning of the season and then on the floor time to time when they have big events. They let me download the tune for free with thier online system. They just became a Triumph dealer too but the tech that helped me with the dowload came from the dealer that USED to be the local triumph shop. He said they used to have a handheld downloader.
I got lucky but to have a shop turn you away when they could at least bang you for 1/2 hour labor on an easy job sounds like a bunch of asshats to me.
Go somewhere else.
Do the throttle tube mod too. Touchy throttle but BANG! that puppy really moves out now. I never realized I wasn't going full throttle before because the bike was fast to begin with but I do now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.