Triumph 675 Forums banner

11 675R spongy brake

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  topgunz1 
#1 ·
My 2011 675R with the brembos seem to be getting air in somewhere. I bleed everything, tie the lever to the handlebar overnight and then crack the master cylinder bleeder in the morning and a few tiny bubbles come out. Lever feels perfect until I brake a few times then it gains more and more travel until it's over an inch of lever travel before it starts to brake. It stays like that and still has lots of braking power but it's inconsistent and fades on the track. I'm thinking it's the master cylinder and bevel haven says it's not rebuildable? Any suggestions? Thanks!

#5 ·
All i do is bleed the MC and it goes perfect until I brake a few times, that's what led me to believe it's the MC. You're saying air could come in a piston in one of the calipers then make its way to the MC that's why I get a few bubbles at the MC bleeder and it goes firm?

#9 ·
something I have noticed over the last couple years the brembo brake master bleeder bolt does not seal as good as older brembo parts.
The torque spec is not very much, but even when you add some additional torque it will still weep from time to time.

Consider using some thread sealant on that part, or some Teflon tape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.