Triumph 675 Forums banner

Help!!!!

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  mikewitki 
#1 ·
long story, but as goes.... bike was stolen last year, parts on order.. removed headlight assembly, all fairings, rear tail light, ignition switch.... plugged old ignition switch back in to start bike and nothing!!!! seems as though no spark?! is this a theft feature and do i need to reset anything?

side note: bike ran prior to removing parts

bike is a 2011 Daytona 675R

#8 ·
unplugging... and plugging back in?

sounds like you may have some corrosion on your fuel pump wiring harness. why don't ya unplug it and check all of the pins? if you see any corrosion or burnt spots, clean them off really well. monitor the harness for a while to make sure this doesn't happen again.

#9 ·
AND NOW THIS...... bike ran great for about 3 days, many engine starts and stops... did about 100 miles and shut the bike off for about 30 min. and now does not want to start.... cleaned the tank, changed the plugs.... no spark now...... any suggestions??!!!

#10 ·
Was the bike dropped at all?
Is the fuel line pinched?

Possibly a faulty Crank Position Sensor that is acting up from heating/cooling cycles. Its easy to diagnose/eliminate, just ohm out the white plug leading to the cps under the tank. It should be around 212. Not fool proof, but what do you have to lose. I only say this because I was having similar issues on my track bike once it cooled off, plus you have no spark, and its somewhat common.

http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46502

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.