Triumph 675 Forums banner

2007 Daytona 675 weird noise

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  schaus36 
#1 ·
Hey guys, started my bike up Friday after it sitting for a few days and now when I blip the throttle (seems throttle position dependent) I hear this higher pitch "whooo" noise. Almost like a vacuum cleaner. I'm at a loss. Rode it, seemed ok and still made the sound after it came up to temp. Any ideas?

Did some troubleshooting today:

Sleeve Musical instrument Wood Folk instrument Leather

Yea that needs replaced. Crappy previous owner/ I didn't check it when I bought the bike.

Also found what smelled like gas, there was a very small pool of it in the right side of the airbox (in the separated part). I will try to get pics of what I'm talking about.

But considering my filter didnt get dirty overnight, anyone have any ideas as to what that noise is?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

See less See more
#5 ·
Anything wrong with your intake flapper? Could it just be a different intake noise or is it lower in the motor?
Are you talking about something different than the throttle bodies?

Sounds like it almost is coming from lower in the motor.

That gas smell is actually oil from the crankcase breather. The small puddle under the mesh is normal, just soak it up each time you clean/replace your air filter. Some people re-route the breather hose away from the air filter box to stop this oil accumulation but it's not a necessity.

Replace the air filter and see if the noise is still there, it might be air struggling to get past the filter.
I am hoping it is that simple as air trying to rush past through the filter. I have a new filter on order. But since it was an over night development, I am not sure if that is going to be the case... :noclue:

#4 ·
That gas smell is actually oil from the crankcase breather. The small puddle under the mesh is normal, just soak it up each time you clean/replace your air filter. Some people re-route the breather hose away from the air filter box to stop this oil accumulation but it's not a necessity.

Replace the air filter and see if the noise is still there, it might be air struggling to get past the filter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.