Triumph 675 Forums banner

what did you do to your 675 today????

1M views 9K replies 1K participants last post by  siq75 
#1 ·
just like the title states, what did u do to your 675 today?

I rode mine to pick up a gel passenger seat, then installed front and rear brakes, and polished/waxed the paint

#4,600 ·
I removed the triumph carbon fiber tank pad from my 675r only to find it scratched all the way down the sides of the pad. I put new tech spec tank grips on it and didnt cover all the scratches.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#4,601 ·
#4,603 ·
Diagnosed the ticking sound I was experiencing as a cracked exhaust header at the weld between the cyl 1/cyl 2 crossover tube. Seems that this is a somewhat common defect on some bikes X(

Check around 30 secs in for a decent example of the ticking. The brief white smoke is just some oil burning off that dripped onto the headers during maintenance.

#4,618 ·
Still you have 30 days to register a newly bought vehicle in most states. As long as you can show when the vehicle was bought.. Like I got pulled over all the time in kansas and missouri in the first week of owning my bike, all I did was show the cops my title of when I bought it and they let me move on.

#4,626 ·

I refilled my D675's steering damper. These have a reputation for being crap but it's only because over time they seep a little even with perfect seals and then they get air in them, causing poor damping and a squishy feel. When I got mine off it was half empty, and pushing it through it's stroke you could feel it hit air pockets.

The trick to filling these is to get all the air out of them. Most people try to use a small syringe but it's impossible to get all the air out that way, so here's a better way. A funnel hooked up to a clear plastic tube. Then you just keep pumping until all the air gets out and you don't see any more bubbles. Fork oil is the most common fluid, and it has the benefit of being available in many weights. Probably 15W or 20W is the most common but I went up to 30W for more damping ability. Got it back in, went for a ride and the damper felt much better. It actually damps like I would expect it to now.

#8,930 ·
Zaph, I need to do this on mine. I can figure how to drain it I'm sure. What is the proper procedure for filling it? Just hook up the clear tube to a funnel and fill the funnel then push the plunger on the damper back and forth until no more bubbles come out?

#4,633 ·
Spent a good 3/4 hours trying to get the damn parking light bulb out of the headlight housing because it fell out when I was trying to fix some wiring to make the parking lights into turn signals. Helpful hint to anyone who does this...say oh fuck!!! curse and then grab a coat hanger tape a small magnet to the end and be very very very patient when it doesn't come out till the sixth time. Fuck man :1banghead:

#4,639 ·
Rode it for the first time, due to a small break in the weather. Put on my first 130 miles. Went well, and I enjoyed the ride, but I can't say I enjoyed it thoroughly. Keeping the tach below 6,000 rpm was hard!! :laugh:
Can't wait to get thru the break-in period.

Here's a few pics so you can get an idea what long damn winter it's been. :itsok:

Attachments

#4,640 ·
Rode it for the first time, due to a small break in the weather. Put on my first 130 miles. Went well, and I enjoyed the ride, but I can't say I enjoyed it thoroughly. Keeping the tach below 6,000 rpm was hard!! :laugh:
Can't wait to get thru the break-in period.

Here's a few pics so you can get an idea what long damn winter it's been. :itsok:
I break-in all my motors on a dyno. In my eyes it's the only way. I know, I know, but I'm not willing to argue this point. I'm only telling you what I, and a ton of other people think including every pro racer on earth.

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#4,645 ·
Rental clipons
CRG RC2 Gold levers
1050 throttle tube
Motoholders fairing stay
Woodcraft cut-thru frame sliders
Cut fairings for woodcrafts
Cut fairings for fairing stay
GB Racing Stator protector
GB Racing rear spools
GB Racing chain guard
520 Chain conversion - EK gold chain Renthal sprokets
Carbon Lorraine Front and Rear brakes
Gilles Rearsets - changed to GP Shift
Oil change + filter

Also got to play with my new Pitbull stands, VP racing fuel jugs and Suzuka tire warmers

This week:
Trailer maintenance! Replacing the wood flooring and bearings.

Next weekend:
Finish up the chain/rearsets after I throw a new set of Pirelli rubbers on at the track!

Hat tip to 07JetBlack675 for the help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.