Triumph 675 Forums banner

'13+ ST3 Rearsets For Reverse Shift

4K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  easbaysav 
#1 ·
After doing some research, I've come to find that there aren't that many aftermarket rearset offerings for the '13+ ST3 and reverse shift. I ended up going with Rizoma EVO rearsets. Rizoma made them pretty well thought out; there's a built in return spring for the brake lever and also comes with a bracket for use with the OEM brake switch. Aside from Gilles, all the other aftermarket rearsets I've owned didn't have the option for use with the OEM brake switch.

Unfortunately, the OEM QS can't be used with it in reverse shift. Setup of the RH side does take some time and majority of it has to be disassembled (or possibly just loosened) to move the peg to another position. The shifter also takes a little tweaking for the best compromise for shifting, finding neutral, and downshifting.

Only other option I found was Driven Racing, but they list the '13+ ST3 and D675 as being the same. I don't see how that's possible because the exhaust hanger is different between the bikes. I used my stock D675 RH rearset to compare with my ST3 rearset and the exhaust hanger sat further back.

A couple other options would be to get an aftermarket exhaust that doesn't attach to the OEM exhaust hanger on the rearset and get D675 rearsets or rearsets for the previous gen. Either that or get a shift lever from another brand i.e. Sato or Woodcraft. Just some things to consider if you want to go reverse shift and reverse shift with use of the OEM QS.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Attacks were my first choice in rearsets because I have a set on my D675, but after confirming the exhaust hanger was different I changed my mind. This thread was more of an info thread so something would come up in case inquiring minds did a search. That and maybe others can post which rearsets they went with or what they did.

#12 ·
You should post a pic, give us an idea of what we might be up against if somebody decides to go this route.

I wonder if an Arrow 3into1 low pipe hanger would work.

It might be too low but if it might be a possibility.

Triumph part number A9600231 recommended retail $40.
That looks legit, now only if somebody can give it a try.

Interested in a QS compatible reverse shift rearsets for 13 STR as well. Please post updates if you find a solution.
Until there's a brand that makes rearsets specifically made for the ST3, I think the options mentioned in this thread are the only solutions. I'll probably go with the Woodcraft lever down the road since I already have these rearsets.

#13 ·
I went ahead and bought a shifter from Woodcraft to allow GP shift with the OEM quickshifter. The kit can be bought separately as well as the folding toe piece, which I opted for also.

Installed it yesterday and tested it out today; QS works as advertised. Bike also shifts smoother when not using the QS with this setup than from the previous setup. I think the Woodcraft anodizing will fade quicker than the Rizoma (if the Rizoma fades any) as I have experienced about Woodcraft products in the past. Won't really bother me much though.

I used the shift knuckle from the Rizoma rearsets and the rest of the parts from the Woodcaft kit.

Attachments

#14 ·
I went ahead and bought a shifter from Woodcraft to allow GP shift with the OEM quickshifter. The kit can be bought separately as well as the folding toe piece, which I opted for also.

Installed it yesterday and tested it out today; QS works as advertised. Bike also shifts smoother when not using the QS with this setup than from the previous setup. I think the Woodcraft anodizing will fade quicker than the Rizoma (if the Rizoma fades any) as I have experienced about Woodcraft products in the past. Won't really bother me much though.

I used the shift knuckle from the Rizoma rearsets and the rest of the parts from the Woodcaft kit.
Did you use the shift rod from the Woodcraft package in the photo? If so, that's a great fit with the OEM quick shifter.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.