Triumph 675 Forums banner

Stalling Under Hard Acceleration

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  675Tornado 
#1 · (Edited)
Turned out to be a clogged fuel filter in the pump assembly. Too bad Triumph doesn't sell filters, it would be nice to have a fresh and clean one instead of having to clean out the old one.

I've got a fun one guys. Took my '09 Daytona out to NCBike on Saturday while temps were closing in on 100 degrees outside. First two sessions of the morning went great, on the third session, coming out of the last corner onto the straight, accelerating hard, the bike stalled out. Ended up rolling off the track to get out of the way of the rest of the group. She immediately started back up and I got back to my pit area. We went to lunch and the bike cooled off for an hour and forty minutes before the next session. After lunch, the first two sessions went off without a hitch, but on the third session of the afternoon, exact same thing occurred, accelerating hard out of the final corner, the bike stalled. And once again, she fired back up immediately. I got back to the pit and waited for the next session, which was the last of the day, and I only got one lap in before it stalled under the exact same conditions at the same point of the track. I don't even know where to start with this, but this is the only time it's ever done this. It is also the only time the bike has been ridden this hard in this hot of weather. Please help me get her sorted out.

#4 ·
Finally got around to checking it out. I pulled the tank off to make sure the hoses weren't kinked, then I proceeded to push some compressed air through both hoses and both ports under the filler cap. Nothing came out and all the ports and hoses were flowing air comfortably.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.