Triumph 675 Forums banner

Ohlins TTX Model Question...

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  manxkiwi 
#1 ·
Hello all, just a simple question. I've been trying to search the differences between an OEM Ohlins TTX vs an aftermarket TTX on the forum to no real success. Reason being, I have a TTX on the bike that I am trying to determine it's lineage.

Stamping on the shock:

TR 8891

Stamping on the spring:

21040-36/105 L610

Any relevant information would be helpful. Thanks. :cheers:

#2 · (Edited)
Aftermarket TTX36 and it has a lighter 105N/mm fitted as stock was 130N/mm according to the spec.card.

You should have internal damping setup confirmed at next service - could be that the shock only got a new spring, but maybe it also had damping changes. It needs to come apart to verify.

This can wait until next service, unless there is something you are not happy with....

The following spec.card TR8892 is dated 2010-06-01, so your shock was produced before that date.

#5 ·
Not really, spring rate is a variable in setting up the bike. One thing to look at is that the Ohlins shocks have gone down in spring rate for the newer shocks, but in the newest bike models there are also some other geometry related changes to the bike. So not so easy to compare.

In general, the lighter spring 105N/mm would suit riders lets say up to 180 lbs better than the 130N/mm - but you need to check for other changes, eg. linkage plates, dogbone and front setup.

Penske has a rear shock spring rate application chart (dating back to 2008) listing rates for different rider weights and here the 105N/mm spring would suit riders from 120 to 160 lbs. So there...

The important thing is how your bike rides, so test before making decision on other spring(s).

#8 ·
07 to 16 rear shock difference

Hi there, just thought I'd ask in here:
Does anyone know if the rear shock length and fittment are the same between the first gen and latest gen? I imagine the linkage might be a bit different, but how much, I don't know.
I have a TTX in my 07. Was wondering if it'll go straight in to the new gen Daytona? It's set up for me (the TTX), so would make sense.
Looking at getting a new gen in a few months.
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.