Triumph 675 Forums banner

Stolen bar end!

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  sac 
#1 ·
I had a bar end stolen off my bike last night....:cuss: Pretty pissed about it I like the look of the stock bar ends. Where can I find another stock bar end?? Anybody have one they would sell to me?

#11 ·
Since u guys are on this subject, where ur stock bar ends on hella tight?
Dam mine are on hella hard, don't want to gouge the one that's in good condition taking it off.

Sent from my X10a using Motorcycle.com Free App
then you're doing it wrong.

peel the grip back just a bit. there are two opposing holes drilled in the clip-ons. A metal retainer uses these to hold the bar end in. push down on these while pulling the bar end. it will slide right out.

The area circled in red is one of the retainer tabs. The green area is the hole in the bar. :thumbup:

#6 ·
Those things are a serious PITA to get off when you're trying. Talk about a determined thief.

#7 ·
He probably messed up trying to remove his :whistle:

#8 ·
Been unusually hot so I parked outside. Dog started barking at night. I ignored it because it is usually deer or the neighborhood bear lol. I think the guy only took one because my dog started barking at him.

Anyone got a spare I could bribe them to give me with the exchange of some dollar things?

#17 ·
I agree I love the stock ends. And it was just the end they took, there is no way the damn thing fell off. My daytona is a daily driver no matter the weather. I would have noticed the thing getting loose. Plus I ride with my little finger on the bar end I would have felt it fall off. I also saw it was on there the night before when I parked it outside.... Wish I could find the asshole that did it

#18 ·
Those jerks are all over. Years ago I rode up to Monterey for the GP, then afterwards I went up north to ride some of the roads. I was staying at a pretty nice hotel, so I thought.

I get up the morning I was heading back to SD, only to find some douche bag had taken my Throttle Meister off the right side of my VFR ! I was totally bummed and pissed.

Crazy thing was on the ride back down, I did not notice any more vibes or buzzing. It still pissed me off, wish is was just a bar end rather than the lock that they got. Sometimes shit just happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.