Triumph 675 Forums banner

VR with Race Body 2009 675?

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  dogged 
#1 ·
Good Day,

Where are you guys mounting your Voltage Regulators with race Plastic on 2009+ models. The factory position hanging on with the turn signal isn't working for me.

Thanks!
t_bare

#6 ·
if you are running the long jumper wire that puts the rectifier in the frontright side of the bike, mount it on the upper right under the air intake tube. completely out of the way and lots of air.
had mine mounted there before moving it behind the motor.

#7 ·
Thanks All!

My track bodywork is drilled in the nose I figured that is where the previous intended to place it. He never did run it on a track nor was he very mechanically inclined. I did not want to place it in a bad spot and have it burn up. I've been on rides where a Duc burned a VR and also a buddy on a 675 burned his VR both times about 75 miles from home :(

I have been working to get this bike ready for a track day on 9/14/15 here in Florida our good riding is just about to start. I have been a Ducati guy for years but this 09 Daytona has been been a fun little learning experience.

t_bare

#12 ·
If you don't run sliders on your upper motor mount, there is a great flat spot in the bodywork just back from the radiator area. I opened the holes in the rectifier body and put D Zus fasteners on it. I then match drilled the holes in this area. Quick removal, and very secure.

However, I just recently mounted some under bodywork Woodcraft sliders right before a race and realized that it's right where I put the VR. The "cutout" area in my Armour Bodies bodywork is not the same dimension as the VR, which baffles me. I ended up popping a hole and zip tying it before the race. My mission is to figure out a better spot this weekend. The D Zus fasteners wont work in the new spot, as it has a curve to it and they are not long enough. I may have to lengthen the wires and be creative.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.