Triumph 675 Forums banner

2012 Daytona and a Cortech Super 2.0 Tail Bag

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Renboy 
#1 ·
Hey all, I've tried searching the forums for any info on mounting the Cortech Super 2.0 tail bag on a 2012 or older Daytona and I can't find anything. I'm about to embark on a long, long ride and I can't seem to find a good way to get this bag secure while not melting the straps due to the undertail exhaust. Has anyone figured this out? TIA!

#2 ·
I don't have one, have never owned one, and have never mounted one so I admittedly have no idea what I'm talking about, but....
would it be possible to mount the bag to the pillion/solo seat first, then mount the pair to the bike? I had to look up what the bag looks like and on canadasmotorcycle.ca where they have a picture of it mounted to a Honda with an undertail exhaust. Are you sure the outside of the muffler gets hot enough to actually melt the straps (I genuinely have no idea as it's never dawned on me to touch the muffler after a ride)?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.