Triumph 675 Forums banner

Aerial Vid of Palmer

3K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Paul_E_D 
#1 ·
Could this be the best riding track in America? Yes, yes, it could. Obviously preferences are different, but take a look at cars circulating Palmer in this drone vid.

https://www.facebook.com/Palmermotorsportspark/videos/1038891916225811/

The elevation is second to none in this country. The track is STEEP. I use almost double the fuel of a normal track here and the 675 loves to climb.

There is a great variety of corners and camber. There's flat, bowl, and of camber corners. decreasers, double apexers, fast corners.

Obviously, it is a pretty dangerous track, but for a rider with a head on his shoulders it is second to none IMO.

We just added an extra day Aug 20th. Not frills, no instruction, just track time for experienced riders only.

It will sell out, this is not marketing, just a heads up! Come ride the best.

#3 ·
It's not a racetrack for bikes and is even marginal for car racing! We enforce a no inside passing after tip in rule as well as a no immediate repassing rule.

Really, we have had plenty of people test the runoff with nothing more than the normal trackday injuries. At the end of the day, we could be killed at any track. Riding in a controlled environment at Palmer has proven reasonable.

All that aside, I have become spoiled and find other tracks to be pretty rinky dink compared to this. It is simply amazing to ride. Flowing, with fast and slow corners, but never stop and go. Coming down off the summit is soooo steep and exhilirating.

#4 ·
The elevation is second to none in this country. The track is STEEP. I use almost double the fuel of a normal track here and the 675 loves to climb.

There is a great variety of corners and camber. There's flat, bowl, and of camber corners. decreasers, double apexers, fast corners.

Obviously, it is a pretty dangerous track, but for a rider with a head on his shoulders it is second to none IMO.
It looks amazing. But watching the video even the drivers look terrified! As a bonafide shit rider myself, I know for sure I'd need way more runoff. I recently used all the available runoff and the tirewall at NYST. It would be great if you could post some onboard video from your sessions there. I'd love to see it as that's as close as I'll ever get.

#9 ·
I was just there on Monday and have ridden the track a few times. TTD does it extremely well by putting a chicane in after turn 1 to slow things down. After the tires wall there's a section with just concrete barriers which can seem daunting. This day was with Fishtail, their first time running at Palmer and they didn't put that chicane in. I still slowed way down there. Here's some raw footage I took.

This was my first time ever riding my new Daytona track bike (or any Daytona for that matter) so I'm not putting down crazy lap times. Plus I detest the Micheline PP3's that were on it. They were ok for slower speeds but I started getting pretty loose when I picked up the pace.

#14 ·
Just a heads up, this weekend at Palmer is sold out, Sept 4,5 are going to sell out quickly now. Last chance to ride Palmer this year.

Fresh Donuts for me this weekend. Woot!
Be there on Sunday. Just had SC1's put on it...It's like cheating man....Cant wait to get her out at Palmer (still getting used to it). Will probably bring the BMW too.. Any of you guys going that Sunday?

#16 ·
Wow is all I can say. Saturday was a "staff appreciation" day, meaning we got to free ride all day. No instructing. What a freaking hoot. I was absolutely pouring with sweat after the 9 am session and pretty much all day after that. It was hot and muggy, but the track was perfect and Tony kept the numbers down a little, so traffic was never an issue.

Every time I ride here I like it more. This time I unlocked a new entry to T9 (the bowl) and shaved another second off my best time.

Tons of Daytonas in attendance. 3 on staff alone. It's fun having a bit of camaraderie and shared knowledge.

Sept 4/5 last chance to get in on this.

#17 ·
Wow is all I can say. Saturday was a "staff appreciation" day, meaning we got to free ride all day. No instructing. What a freaking hoot. I was absolutely pouring with sweat after the 9 am session and pretty much all day after that. It was hot and muggy, but the track was perfect and Tony kept the numbers down a little, so traffic was never an issue.

Every time I ride here I like it more. This time I unlocked a new entry to T9 (the bowl) and shaved another second off my best time.

Tons of Daytonas in attendance. 3 on staff alone. It's fun having a bit of camaraderie and shared knowledge.

Sept 4/5 last chance to get in on this.
Glad you had fun, you guys do an awesome job. I've been meaning to do a 1 on 1 with you actually, works been nuts. Ill be at the Sept dates for both Palmer and Thompson.

I was just there on Monday and have ridden the track a few times. TTD does it extremely well by putting a chicane in after turn 1 to slow things down. After the tires wall there's a section with just concrete barriers which can seem daunting. This day was with Fishtail, their first time running at Palmer and they didn't put that chicane in. I still slowed way down there. Here's some raw footage I took.

This was my first time ever riding my new Daytona track bike (or any Daytona for that matter) so I'm not putting down crazy lap times. Plus I detest the Micheline PP3's that were on it. They were ok for slower speeds but I started getting pretty loose when I picked up the pace.
That first corner without the chicane is way sketch. I totally get why Tony puts that there now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.