Triumph 675 Forums banner

Help!!! P1552

7K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Nick speed triple 
#1 ·
My fan comes on as soon as I turn the key. I'm only showing 3 bars on the temp gauge. Is there a cooling fan relay or is it controlled through the computer? I check the fuse and it's good. Also I have a 11 D675

#3 ·
I checked out the resistance on the service manual and its says the coolant temp sensor should have a resistance of
2.9-3.3 K ohms. I am only getting 1.7. Im guessing this is my issue with my fan staying on unless I missed something.

#5 ·
So, i just finished installing the new coolant sensor. The resistance is within specs now. That fan is still turning on when i
turn the key. I get 1.2ohms at the fan motor but the fan runs so that shouldn't be the issue right? I followed the wiring
diagram and i don't seem to have any shorts. Could it be a ecm issue?

#9 ·
P1552 - 08 Triumph Street Triple

I was riding home from Long Beach to San Diego at night and my bike started having a pulsing headlight and some electrical issues.

I pulled over ad turned it off to check it out. I saw the battery terminal came loose and so I resolved that. Turned the bike on and it was weak batter but turned over. I noticed the engine light was on.

OBD2 scan says P1552 - Cooling Fan Short Circuit / Open Circuit
It looks like my cooling fan is not running, so now what do I do?

I'm looking at my Haynes book now trying to see if I could find a wiring diagram.

Seems this is not too uncommon. Any thoughts?

#10 ·
I was riding home from Long Beach to San Diego at night and my bike started having a pulsing headlight and some electrical issues.

I pulled over ad turned it off to check it out. I saw the battery terminal came loose and so I resolved that. Turned the bike on and it was weak batter but turned over. I noticed the engine light was on.

OBD2 scan says P1552 - Cooling Fan Short Circuit / Open Circuit
It looks like my cooling fan is not running, so now what do I do?

I'm looking at my Haynes book now trying to see if I could find a wiring diagram.

Seems this is not too uncommon. Any thoughts?
#1 - 15A Fuse to Coolant Fan looks good.

#2 - Relay 2 = 94.5 Ohms open. Applied 9v Battery to close = 0.3 Ohms. Relay 3 = 96.7 Ohms OPEN. Applied 9v Battery to CLOSE = 0.3 Ohms.

What is the next steps?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.