Triumph 675 Forums banner

Project Streetona

9K views 40 replies 15 participants last post by  brutus85 
#1 ·
Project Streetona is getting closer by the day. I have a 2012 street and i absolutely love it, but i feel that i could make her stand out just a but more by replacing the rear end of the bike to that of a Daytona. so for the past few weeks i have been piecing together the parts necessary to make this a reality. Today i purchased the battery box and it would be the last large item i need before i can start taking the proper steps to do the swap. From here im just gonna need to order bolts that id need and its good to begin. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to remove the body panels and rear subframe off the street and putting up the rear subframe from the Daytona. Im looking forward to this project because although it wont b a long one, it will b a noticeable change. Pix and possibly even a how-to will come as i get the items added.
Blue Vehicle Wood Hardwood Electric blue

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

See less See more
#4 ·
I did this last year. It's all a bolt on deal as long add you have all the necessary Daytona stuff: subframe, battery, battery tray, body panel, seats. I reused the stock street triple lights. The wiring is a stretch but it will work without cutting or splicing.

The trickiest part is the exhaust, as that won't swap. What do you plan to do for that?

#5 ·
A hybrid. Upon looking at the stock street and Daytona mid pipe, the first several inches of both r identical. Minus the different ends. Im gonna splice the lower street mid pipe to the upper daytona. If i decide to go back to a street exhaust, a mid pipe should be fairly easy to find. Hey dave, u have pix of this swap? Also any help if i need it would be greatly appreciated

#8 ·
I have an 09 Striple and used a tail from an 06. The 06 daytona battery tray will not easily accommodate the striple battery. I believe the 09 and newer Daytona tray holds the larger battery, but I cannot confirm.

You will also need the Daytona passenger pegs if you want those. I fabbed up a license plate bracket as well.

#10 ·
That looks awesome Dave73 :cool2:

Good luck Tst, if Dave73's is anything to go by, you're going to end up with a damn good looking bike :thumbup:

#13 ·
First, the battery box doesn't conform to the shape of the Daytona exhaust. Also the reservoir tank is under the seat where as the Daytona rear end doesn't have it under the seat. I believe the Daytona has its reservoir located behind the front fairing so ud never c it. Also the mounting brackets for the exhaust on a Daytona wont match up to the street. Triumph made sure it was a mission for a swap. Hell, they even made sure u couldn't mate the mid-pipe without it being a mission. I agree that the bike should have stayed identical to the Daytona but I love both the same. Have a speciAl edition called the Daytona street where its the same as the swap i will do. Wood Bicycle saddle Musical instrument Automotive tire Flooring
Rectangle Font Electric blue Bumper Metal

Had to mock it up, and I'm guessing it will really bring out sum aggresive flavor to her.

#17 ·
Have a speciAl edition called the Daytona street where its the same as the swap i will do.
Daytona Street huh? Sure that's not breaching my registered trade mark? :nothappy:

:biggrinjester:

#14 ·
The fitting to midpipe is different between the two so they won't interchange. You could swap the headers, midpipe and can, but then you would have the ex up floating in the wind. Mine is a home made with new merge collector on the stock headers, and a custom made pipe that fits on to the Jardine midpipe.

There are definitely " more elegant" coolant reservoir options, but I like this one. I actually had it on there before swapping the tail.

#15 ·
Im thinking of using a metal water bottle and seeing where it would fit. Ideally, i want it hidden, and if i cant hide it, i wanna make sure it can survive the beatings it will end up taking. Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

This is Gènesis' ass now. When i get hm i start the strip, and packing away. I wanna try to reuse my 2bro can(s) if possible. Looked at pix of the daytona version, and its just a single can with a different end cap. If i can buy the end cap then i dont even need to buy and aftermarket exhaust for it

#19 ·
Lol, sorry ruby but the names too good to pass up. All the fun of a daytona, but with only half the fat, or a 1/3 less fat then the leading brand.
No worries. At least I was the first, I think. :icon_razz: Streetona never really did it for me.

#20 · (Edited)
Sorry to tease, but for now this is all i have. Took plenty of pix, but not really sure of what size allens i used and what not, so for the purposes of a how-to, it isn't ready. Im sort of at a standstill tho because i cant go much further until the battery box gets in. Im hoping to have a decent how-to written up in the next day or so. Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

#24 ·
Hand Leg Finger Bicycle part Sleeve

The left is the stock pipe, and the right is the Daytona mid pipe. Both are identical from there until u get to the next bend. From there its a no go. The hybrid pipe will be the lower connection of the stock street mid pipe, but the upper of the daytona so that i can keep using the stock can. Future plans will include the sexy arrow can but $$$ is at a premium at the moment so stock it is

#25 ·
Hey dave, id love to use the 2 bros but I'm guessing it would involve a little fab work to use them both. Saw a pic online of a daytona with 2 cf cans, and i thought that was ok. I would just need a knowledgable fab shop to make a custom mount for the 2 cans that would hang from the stock spot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.