Triumph 675 Forums banner

The official triumph675.net Australian lap time Leaderboard!!!!

59K views 248 replies 38 participants last post by  Crouchy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys and girls.

Since so many of us are getting out to the track I figured it was about time we had our own leaderboard. If I can get you guys to post in here your best laps at tracks around the country I will make up a bit of a spread sheet we can all have a look at. It's not a super serious competitive thing, there are no sheep stations on the line so I'm happy to accept times that have been recorded with a stopwatch or onboard lap timer. However, if you are found to be giving dishonest times I will make sure the ridicule is as intense as it is long lasting.

If you can all use the following format so I can copy/paste into the spreadsheet that would be helpful. Please list the following information: Track: Winton, Phillip Island, etc. Date: Just month and year will do, if you can't remember have a guess. Bike- make, model and year of manufacture. Tyres: make, model and compound. Suspension: stock, revalved/resprung, ***********, Ohlins etc.

eg:

Rorz.......Mallala.......5/11.......2006 GSXR-750.......Metzeler Racetec K2 F & R.......stock.......1:20.2

All makes of bike are welcome to be on the leaderboard. There is only one rule: No negative comments about other peoples lap times unless you personally know them and it's in jest. Other than that, go for gold! :nod:

Leaderboard is up!----------------> https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...EUxeEtrZklpcURiU0hwLVQ4T3h2VGc&hl=en_GB#gid=0

See less See more
#2 ·
This is going to be embarrassing for me, but here goes;

Rorz.......Mallala.......5/11.......2006 GSXR-750.......Metzeler Racetec K2 F & R.......stock.......1:20.2

O.B ...... Mallala ..... 5/11 ..... 2009 SV650 ....... Dunlop GPRA10(R) Dunlop GP Racer (F) ...... stock (with bent forks) ..... 1:23:6

O.B

#3 ·
I don't think there's much shame in getting an SV650 with bent forks around lala land in 23's.... I'd be fairly happy with that actually. :coolgleamA:

The embaressing part is going to be when Smiley posts his best time up and I have to put it into the spread sheet next to mine.... :laugh:

#5 ·
Funny you should bring Mallala up Rorz....only today I was cleaning up and found some results sheets from my one and only trip to Mallala in 2000 back when I was a little boy! This was the final round of the Australian Road Race champs, 250 production class....
All we need is someone to actually post a time on a Triumph 675 of some description!! It is a Triumph website after all!!

BG851...Mallala...15/10/2000...2000 Aprilia RS250....Dunlop GPR70 (i think??)....it had to be stock....1:18.3

O.B ...... Mallala ..... 5/11 ..... 2009 SV650 ....... Dunlop GPRA10(R) Dunlop GP Racer (F) ...... stock (with bent forks) ..... 1:23:6

#6 ·
Oh Jesus, now that is embaressing. Soundly beaten by a little boy on a friggin 250. :laugh:

It's not just Mallala mate, feel free to post up some of your horrifyingly fast laps at some other tracks. Oh and I'm sure Smiley will strike one back for the Triumph's at Mallala with a plenty fast time set on his 'tona. :nod:

#8 ·
Oh Jesus, now that is embaressing. Soundly beaten by a little boy on a friggin 250. :laugh:

It's not just Mallala mate, feel free to post up some of your horrifyingly fast laps at some other tracks. Oh and I'm sure Smiley will strike one back for the Triumph's at Mallala with a plenty fast time set on his 'tona. :nod:
I'm used to being destroyed by kids on 250's. Is it too late to delete my times?

O.B

#7 ·
Bluedaytona02 (Wazza).......Winton.......17/5/10.......2007 Daytona 675.......Metzeler Racetec K1/K2 .......stock.......1:45 (notes: chasing & passing a hot chick on a CBR600)

Bluedaytona02 (Wazza).......Broadford.......9/10/10.......2007 Daytona 675.......Metzeler Racetec K1/K2 .......stock.......1:09

Bluedaytona02 (Wazza).......Phillip Island.......26/4/10.......2007 Daytona 675.......Metzeler Racetec K1/K2 .......stock.......2:00

Juz.......Winton.......17/5/10.......2004 Daytona 600.......Dunlop GPRa11 .......stock.......1:43 (notes: F.all brakes left...big cahoonas!!!)

#12 ·
Greggo.......Broadford.......26/06/11ish.......2007 Daytona 675.......Pirelli SC2F/SC3R .......stock.......1:05.1

Haven't ridden it anywhere else. I feel like I've finally got the level of comfort on the bike I would have had if I'd not had 12 months on the sidelines without riding.

I've only ridden at PI once so far, to a 1.53, and haven't taken the bike further afield.

#15 ·
Thanks for all the lap times guys. I had planned on doing the spread sheet last night but I went to the pub for dinner after work and instead of having a quiet meal and an early night for my 6am start this morning I got quite drunk and came home late.

I would have done it today at work while nursing my hangover but for some reason google online spread sheets is banned from works internets but motorcycle forums are fine. Go figure. Probably won't be doing it tonight either after 12.5 hours at the sweat shop with a ruthless hangover.

Fear not.... it won't happen over night.... but it will happen. :laugh:

#16 ·
SLACK

#17 ·
I thought I should try a little harder and have a look at some time sheets.

Smiley.......Mallala.......5/8/07.......2000 Triumph TT600.......Pirelli SC.....stock .....1:17.32

Smiley .....Mac Park.....7/4/07.......2000 Triumph TT600......Pirelli SC......Stock.....1.22:450

Smiley.....Mallala......23/11/08......06 Triumph 675.... Bridgestone 003....Rear stock
Front springs & gold valves......1:15.78

Smiley....Mac Park.....3/11......06 Triumph675......Bridstone 003....... As Above......1:21

Cheers

#24 ·
Don't worry OB, I'm at the bottom of the ladder for every Vic track.

....And I thought I wasn't too bad!!

#26 ·
These are from a while ago but here they are.

Plenty of other track days done at both tracks but cant find the timings or dates.
Morgan Park give you a timing sheet so it is done for you.

Nothing this year either, but I'm soon to change this as I have paid for 4 up front to get a discount.

Ozegg.......Morgan Park (Warwick).......17Jul2009.......2006 Triumph Daytona 675.......Pirelli Diablo Rosso F & R.......stock.......1:13.2

Ozegg.......Lakeside.......21Feb2010.......2006 Triumph Daytona 675.......Pirelli Diablo Rosso F & R.......stock.......1:08.7

#28 ·
Bit hard without a bike!!!

So that's the reason for all the gym work - a tilt on the vic titles!!!!

#32 ·
Hey fellas, isn't Wakefield Park in NSW, just out of Goulburn? It seems to have been relocated to Victoria in the leaderboard. ;)

There aren't enough tracks in NSW as it is, without losing one to the Mexicans! lol
So it is.... :nod: I'll update the Leaderboard.

#33 ·
So I decided to start racing this year with the BEARS....... I'm kind of fat, kind of old, and kind of slow, but I've been having heaps of fun.

Talisman....Eastern Creek....20/5/11....2007 Daytona...Bridgestone slicks....tweaked valving...1:47.3

Talisman....Wakefield Park....22/2/11....2007 Daytona...Bridgestone slicks....tweaked valving...1:06.8

BTW, BG851 is being far to modest. A low 1.03 at Wakefield on a Daytona is a pretty impressive lap :notworthy:.

Cheers

#34 ·
So I decided to start racing this year with the BEARS....... I'm kind of fat, kind of old, and kind of slow, but I've been having heaps of fun.

Talisman....Eastern Creek....20/5/11....2007 Daytona...Bridgestone slicks....tweaked valving...1:47.3

Talisman....Wakefield Park....22/2/11....2007 Daytona...Bridgestone slicks....tweaked valving...1:06.8

BTW, BG851 is being far to modest. A low 1.03 at Wakefield on a Daytona is a pretty impressive lap :notworthy:.

Cheers
Okay, leaderboard updated. When you say tweaked valving I assume you mean re-shimmed valves front and rear? Any more info on the Brigestone slicks?

Cheers

#35 ·
Rorz,

Tyre info:
Front: Bridgestone Slick 125/600R17 R09 YDC (Soft)
Rear: Bridgestone Slick 180/640R17 R04 YCX (Med)

Suspension:
In Canberra a lot of track guys use 'Suspension Smith' (Laurie Smith) for suspension work. Laurie's a good guy, and a have a lot of faith in him - I hand the forks or the shock over, tell him what's happenning and what I'd like to happen, he asks some questions to figure out what exactly it is I'm talking about, and he takes it from there.

Rear Shock: Running the std spring (it seems to be pretty much on the mark for me). The shock was reshimmed and I believe the porting for the piston was modded. To what extent I don't know...
Front forks: 1.0kg springs. I think Laurie tidied the valving up rather than any reshaping.

Apologies for the off topic, but for those interested in suspension, check out the girder style front end Laurie built for an R1 project bike:

Cheers

Talisman

#39 ·
Phillip Island - 4th June 2011 - 06 Triumph Daytona 675 - 675cc Triple - Dunlop Medium Slicks - Stock Suspension - 1:54:040

Zhuhai International Circuit, China - March 2009 - as above - 1:52.5

Broadford - As above - 1:13

Paul Young Race Cams & Race Valve Springs - TRACS Engine Management CDU & Harness - Race altenator - Arrow Stage 2 exhaust - quickshifter & Arrow Rearsets - Slipper Clutch - 125hp at the rear wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.