Triumph 675 Forums banner

Arrow exhaust ~ Headers blowing

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Fijjitt 
#1 ·
Hi there, I have the arrow 3 into 1 low exhaust.
I recently removed the exhaust to replace the header gaskets, as there is a leak somewhere.
With the exhaust off I found the adaptor rings to be slightly loose fitting on the pipes.
So with new gaskets in, I still can't get a good seal because pipes are slightly loose even with the header flange bolts done up. There are springs on, but I don't feel they are making a good seal.

So two questions really..
Can I seal the adaptors on to the pipes with copper silicone without any problems?
Can anyone link me to new exhaust header flanges? The previous owner has turned mine into boomerangs. I bashed them flat with a hammer, but they have lost their strength.

Thanks for advice in advance,

#3 ·
Hey there, Thanks for the quick reply :)
I think maybe I am getting the names of parts wrong in my previous post.

I have 3 parts,
Header pipe, Adapter ring, and the part that slides on the pipe that the engine studs go through (I called them flanges)..
The pipes themselves are fine,
but the adapter rings that fit on the end (between the pipe and the engine) are not a very tight fit on to the pipes. If I take them off I can slide off the bent parts I am trying to source - the bit that slides on the pipe with the stud holes in. Maybe if someone knows the correct name I can find myself. ;)
But the other question was really if copper silicone is up to the heat,
or if I should be thinking of using something else to seal the adapter rings on to the end of pipes?
Or is it designed like that for a reason?
cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.