Triumph 675 Forums banner

2016 Rat Raid - April Info and Registration Link

12K views 38 replies 8 participants last post by  OKStriple 
#1 ·
April 28 - May 1, 2016. Registrations must be received by April 15. Cost is just $30 and includes an event t-shirt and dinner at the banquet/awards ceremony Saturday evening.
http://www.ozarkratraid.com/

This years raffle bike is a 2001 Bonneville with something like 2500 miles on it. This year YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN IT. Tickets can be purchased at the event.

Last year we had 10 of us from 675.net for 3 to 5 days of great riding on some of the best (and sparsely patrolled ) roads in the country. (the year before we had 11 from 675.net)
This event draws Triumph riders of all kinds from around the country, not just the central US. Five years ago, Jazman from 675.net won the raffle bike! Some group rides are offered but most riders (like us) will break into our own groups and go where we want. The only 'scheduled' activity you need to plan around is being back at the hotel by 5:30 Saturday for the banquet. Evenings are typically hanging around the bikes in the parking lot, or a campfire at the hotel back lot. This isn't some biker rally. Its all bout getting out and riding.

Feel free to ask questions about the event below and one of us MOKANARs will answer as best we can.

HOTEL INFORMATION IS LISTED TWO POSTS BELOW:

In the post below, I'll list the role call of those attending from 675.net. Just so we have an idea who is attending, either post up you ARE attending (after you have registered) or that you may be attending. ALSO LIST WHAT DAY YOU EXPECT TO ARRIVE

See less See more
1 2
#2 · (Edited)
I'll update this list as people post below. This DOES NOT REGISTER YOU FOR THE EVENT! You must go to the Rat Raid website to register.
I AM IN NO WAY ASSOCIATED WITH THE EVENT - JUST TRYING TO SEE IF WE HAVE SOME INTERESTED 675's TO ATTEND.

WHO IS ATTENDING
OKStriple....................................HUB - Arriving Wednesday at noon
Neanderthal.................................HUB - Arriving Wed at noon
SSBFGC.......................................HUB - Arriving ????
KD_in_KC....................................HUB... ..Arriving Wednesday around 1 (+1)
Torchsport...(He returns!!)..............Harrison Arriving Thursday Night
KeithStriple..................................HUB - Arriving Thursday
Styler..........................................HUB - Arriving Thursday
Natelepain.................................... Saturday only
JDGun13....(I've heard this before -lol) Arriving Wed
GloryRacing................................... Local guide and supplier of rubbers (tires that is)

Maybe:
THEBananaDZL, Helta, Dave73 ??

#3 · (Edited)
Hotel information
The HUB
www.hubinfo.com 800-597-9963
is the main hotel where event check in and the banquet is held. Most group rides leave from here. It is located on Hwy 7 about 15 minutes South of Harrison Arkansas. The hotel fills up most years so you want to book early (I booked mine last year)

Overflow hotel:
http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-harrison-arkansas-AR056
Quality Inn Harrison AR 800-741-7676
This is about 15 minutes North of the main event hotel but is also closer to restraunts, Wal Mart, liquor stores and stuff. Last year there were a lot of Rat Raid folks there so you won't be allone if you end up there

Rooms are cheap at either place and you probably won't have difficulty finding someone to split a room with There is usually a thread about the Rat Raid on the TriumphRat website where you could find a roomie if you can't find one on here.

#10 ·
The R6 I have now is strictly track. I bought it and an R1 to replace the Daytona 675R.
If I find my shoulder is now going to cooperate on the R1 I'll be buying a new toy before i head down. :wink3:

Reactions: TwoWheeledWonder
#12 ·
So is anyone else planning to go yet? Dave? Dan? Hope we have some decent weather but so far this spring has been pretty good to us.

#13 ·
Starting to look forward to this. Need a break and a get away. Just hope the weather holds out.

#16 ·
Just 2 weeks out and I am not prepared at all. Need to clear out old stuff on my gopro, adjust the chain and lube it, sort out what clothes and jackets I need, find my rain gear. Where's my skirt?

I don't care if it rains every day between now and then but I'm hoping we get a good dry several days when we need it.

#17 ·
Packing stuff now. Looks like I will have a wet ride over. I'm sending most of my stuff with someone coming over Thursday so it can stay dry and I'm just bringing enough to cover me for overnight.

#18 ·
Guys, not gonna lie. If rain chances are higher than 50% 2 of the 3 days, I'm bowing out. It's always a great time hanging with the crew, but the forecast doesn't look promising. Hopefully it changes quickly. Not to mention I need to register my bike in a new state and still change my oil :)

#19 ·
You Ducati guys are soft...and water soluble :)

I wouldn't blame you. Right now, Harrison itself looks OK except Wed and Sat. I'm looking at a bad day Wed riding over but Thursday looks too good to miss so I want to wake up there Thursday morning.

Attachments

#20 ·
weather

This mornings local forecast suggests a front with rain tonite and tomorrow. Dry Thursday and Friday and then scattered showers possible for Saturday.
Have ridden many times in the area and stayed dry with forecasted 'scattered' showers. There are enough good roads in any direction that you look at radar in the morning and go where it looks best. Adjust during the day as necessary.
Looks like there will be about 5 from the FZ1 group in town as well.

#21 ·
This mornings local forecast suggests a front with rain tonite and tomorrow. Dry Thursday and Friday and then scattered showers possible for Saturday.
Have ridden many times in the area and stayed dry with forecasted 'scattered' showers. There are enough good roads in any direction that you look at radar in the morning and go where it looks best. Adjust during the day as necessary.
Looks like there will be about 5 from the FZ1 group in town as well.
I assume Brad (Torchsport) is part of the FZ1 group?
Ardell and I plan to ride a lot wednesday afternoon (supposedly decent weather) and maybe we can tag along with the FZ1 group Thursday depending on where groups are going. I think we have KD arriving Wednesday also. I don't think anyone else will be there at our departure time Thursday morning but Tyler and Keith will probably be there Thursday afternoon. So if we tag along, it may be just 2 or 3 of us.

#30 ·
Over 1700 miles from Wednesday through Sunday and thats with Friday being nearly a rain out. I'm pretty sure Ardell and I put on more miles than anyone else there. Thursday was a full day of riding in PERFECT weather. Saturday was slightly damp in the morning and fantastic in the afternoon. Hit a few roads I've never been on before.

Attachments

#31 ·
I have this picture of the FZ1 group....who mostly don't ride FZ1s....much like many of the 675 group dont ride 675s.

Attachments

Reactions: Torchsport
#33 ·
Out of 10 or so bikes we did have 3 FZ1s in attendance...
Even though I trailered down, I still ended up with 650ish miles on both bikes in 2+ days of riding.
Had a blast.

Attachments

#34 ·
A few pics from my late Thursday afternoon ride up 123, en route to the Hub. I rode back to LR a few hours later, after a bite to eat with Tom and Ardell. 320 miles

My son(Neth) and I rode some dirt roads on Saturday. He just turned 13 and this was his first trip out on our KLX250S. We trailered up to Dare Mine Road (County Road 1806), off Hwy 7. Dare Mine Intersects with Treat Road and Indian Creek, NE of Longpool. I wanted to keep it simple for him and simple for me before we drove up for the Rat Raid Dinner. We got home around midnight. Neth had a blast and so did I. I didn't get to ride with y'all but you still let us sit at the table. :wink3:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.