Triumph 675 Forums banner

2013 Daytona 675 & 675R first look

22K views 142 replies 70 participants last post by  TRMN8TR 
#1 ·
#37 ·
Triumph = fail. I'm all about progression, but to me, asthetically, this thing looks like ass. I don't care how it performs. Would you sleep with a fat ugly chick who's amazing under the sheets and brag to your bros about it? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Ducati is the only manufacturer making nice bikes anymore. Maybe Aprilia. The only Triumph I would ever consider again would be the pre '13s.

#38 ·
Triumph = fail. I'm all about progression, but to me, asthetically, this thing looks like ass. I don't care how it performs. Would you sleep with a fat ugly chick who's amazing under the sheets and brag to your bros about it? I sure as hell wouldn't.
Depends who you are. Some people prefer function over form. Especially racers.

Fat chicks excluded.

#44 · (Edited)
According to Triumph the 2012 Daytona makes 125PS which makes out to be slightly more then 123HP.

As for pricing someone here is reading things wrong.

2012 Daytona = $10,999
2013 Daytona = $11,599

$600 difference

2012 Daytona R = 12,699
2013 Daytona R = 13,499

$800 difference

I agree the stock muffler is ugly but what modern bike comes with a good looking muffler and still meets emissions. I know some of you think the F3 muffler looks good but I think it's even uglier then the new Daytona muffler. The point really is who keeps the stock exhaust on a sport bike? Not many people.

#45 ·
I can understand some of the negativity towards a new direction of a model. But I'm not as emotionally, and/or financially attached to the outgoing design.
Don't get me wrong, it is sexy as hell, but to me, the newcomer is just as sweet. :bowdown:

I'm definitely interested in reading the shootouts/reviews/reports. It's more of a forward leap than I've seen from the japanese manufacturers, the last several years. :thumbup:

#46 ·
Peak numbers are only part of the power equation. How it is delivered is the more important part. Same thing with weight... absolute weight matters, but how it feels is just as important.

I will wait for some ass-in-seat reviews before passing judgement on which is the better bike.

#48 ·
Wow... gotta say I have been out of the game for awhile. Sold my 07' back in 2009 and have missed it every day since then... Recently started looking around for a 11'-12' 675R...

Yet I heard about the new 2013s... I gotta say, not liking them at all. I think the exhaust bugs me the most, then the headlights. No thanks. Hopefully I find a slightly used 675R before Spring comes :D

#49 ·
Wow... gotta say I have been out of the game for awhile. Sold my 07' back in 2009 and have missed it every day since then... Recently started looking around for a 11'-12' 675R...

Yet I heard about the new 2013s... I gotta say, not liking them at all. I think the exhaust bugs me the most, then the headlights. No thanks. Hopefully I find a slightly used 675R before Spring comes :D
Get a 2012.. They are better in a few ways

#54 · (Edited)
I love that the 2013 Kawasaki 636 looks very similar, except that the 636 has projectors instead of reflectors.

I do hope the new mirrors will fit on my bike though.

Also, I just noticed that the cockpit and side fairings appear to be one piece. but I bet the eyeshadow is there to cover up the seam/bolts.
If that's all one piece it's gonna be a pain in the ass to work on

#56 ·
THIS bike is AWESOME!!

You guys on OLD 2006-2008 bikes, REALLY need to upgrade from your SLOW bikes now! So...blue and black 2006-2008 Daytona bikes in the northeast, sell me your bikes so I can hand you the cash you need to get the new bike. You never know when those old bikes are gonna fall apart you know. Also, you probably gonna get laughed at when everybody else is on the 2013 bikes next summer. :)

#58 ·
THINK how much FASTER and cooler you would be on a new 2013! Don't embarrass yourself next season bro. PM me your asking price and maybe I can buy your bike tomorrow so you can use the cash to buy the new bike. Is your bike black or blue BTW? Those are the slowest 2006 colors according some new scientific study Triumph did. Some thing about "light drag". Apparently reflecting certain wavelengths of light, actually causes drag.

I'm not trying to trick you into selling your bike to me, I just don't want you to get depressed next year when you realize you are the slowness in the pack with even a Ninja 300 passing you in the turns.

#59 ·
She was grey, but I've just finished applying the new paint job with rollers, so now she's blue. Price to you is £10,000. I can deliver but getting over the ocean is gonna cost, so say about £1,000 for that? Do you want my PayPal details?

#103 ·
For everything on your bike thats not that overpriced :)

#67 ·
It's ugly plain and simple and they failed the aesthetics by not using projectors. But the upgrades are very nice and who wouldn't want to have them?

I'll stick with my '12 and I am happy that I did not hold out for this one. And now that Yamaha is talking about triples I would definitely wait to see what they put out before buying this bike.

But, if you are tracking it, it wouldn't be so ugly because all the bad stuff would disappear with fiberglass fairings.

#73 · (Edited)
bit surprised there hasn't been some reviews of it yet? guess all the big mags/sites are gearing up for it soon? the new street triples had a run with MCN..

not to sound too uninitiated as i'm not into shaving every second off the track, but why is everyone so against underseat exhausts for track racing? i mean obviously more weight with the extra length and it's higher up, and every bit counts, but its not that much surely... i'm no physics or racing guru, but i would naturally assume that an underseat exhaust would provide the most central weight distribution. sure being up high its going to have a bit of a pendulum effect when pushing/pulling into corners, but you use that to your advantage once you're used to it right? if you're gonna get to the minutest of detail i would assume an undermount, whilst keeping the weight low, skews things to one side slightly and has a slight aerodynamic downside?

#74 ·
The undertail exhaust is purely for looks, with a sidemount you get the weight lower which will help with turn in feel and handling since the weight is lower on the bike

For everyday street riders this makes no difference, but since the Daytona is made for the track that is where most companies are going and for a good reason. They want to win races. So they are going to do whatever is needed. Lower exhaust means lower weight means hopefully better handling and more wins.

#77 ·
You know the "third eye" is growing on me, the tail still looks short and stubby. Im not a bobber fan so to me it looks way off balance when viewing from the side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.