Triumph 675 Forums banner

2013 STR - Graphite or White??

17K views 59 replies 28 participants last post by  MUTEKI 
#1 ·
Hi to all.

So I am looking at putting a deposit down on a 2013 STR. I can't make my mind up between the Crystal White and the Matte Graphite.

I love white bikes and cars (modded) ... but the white STR looks a little to racerboy and, dare I say, a little feminine (no offense intended ... it's a beautiful bike).

The graphite feels like the right way to go, but the pictures available right now just aren't doing it justice. I would order with the flyscreen and bellypan ... other planned mods would be mirrors, tail tidy, removal of passenger pegs, removal of the hideous red accents.

So what do you guys think? White or Graphite??

#5 ·
Like I said - I did not mean to offend. I don't think previous models in white looked racey ... actually, I would have loved a 2010 in white. Perhaps it's the red accents I'm reacting to (which I don't like better on the Graphite either).

#14 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.

Unfortunately my dealer only gets a handful and have zero in stock currently. Hoping to get a look at the machines in person this Friday at the Toronto Motorcycle Show, and then will be putting down a deposit on a bike Saturday.

All very exciting. I am going to go graphite, unless seeing the bike in person sways me.

Oppi

#19 ·
Wow. Did not expect so much of a negative response. Was just looking to hear opinions other than mine and thought someone may have seen better pictures than I had.

I'm assuming the person who attempted to mock my (correct) spelling of colour knows this, but just in case: Colour vs. Color ... "colour" is the correct spelling where I'm from (and in most English-language countries other than the US).

Anyway happy new year to you guys, and apologies if my post made you feel defensive of your bike/colour/forum/right-to-be-sarcastic/motorcycling-in-general.

Happy riding.

#21 ·
Don't take any offense by anything said on a forum, especially this bunch of perverted deviants. :laugh: At the end of the day were all riding the same great bike. :thumbup:

Color is pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things, just a personal choice. Triumph uses exceptional hues in their color choices.

#22 ·
just be glad you didn't ask about OIL or TYRES! :biggrinjester:

the sarcasm thing is rampant these days, even my sons spend every waking moment trying to belittle each other and prove how superior they are to the other. it's sad and pathetic really....this generation.

some day they'll grow up & realize that they could have spent all that time & effort making other people feel good and thus themselves feel better in their own skin. rather than waste years of their lives trying to prove nothing to anyone on the internet.

ride on riders.

#26 ·
They are both gorgeous. I have a phantom black and im looking at painting tank balloon white seeing ive already converted other plastics to carbon fiber. Endday its your butt in saddle. Go with what you like Bro. Post pics when you scoop it up.

#30 ·
I love (and own) Graphite but I'm not sure I like the Red accents with Graphite on the new 'R'. I think the white looks better with the Red accents, IMHO.

#32 ·
How come nobodys saying anything about those ugly headlights? ;)

Jesh, when the 2011 Speed Triple came out everyone on Triumph RAT were up in arms. I like them and the new frame. So I bought one!

But this thread isnt about the Speed Triple. It's about oppi's soon to be graphite Street Triple Rrrr! Get the Arrow exhaust, the windscreen and the seat cowl oh and the bar ends oh and a tail tidy... :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.