Triumph 675 Forums banner

2013 Daytona exhaust options

97K views 237 replies 67 participants last post by  Subisti 
#1 ·
I have searched the forum high and low and can't find the answer to my question..

I'm new to all of this and I am wondering how long after a new model comes out that companies start making exhausts for that bike. Specifically I am looking to put an m4 on my 2013 Daytona. Can I expect a long wait or will companies start making exhausts for the new Daytona?

#6 ·
Yeah thanks but I'm not interested in an Arrow exhaust. My question, as it was asked originally, was how long after a new model comes out can I expect to see companies start putting out a new system. Specifically I'm looking to get an m4 exhaust once they make one that fits the new '13.

#11 ·
Anyhow, regardless... Specifically, I cannot comment on the M4.

What we can tell you is:

Riders Discount have confirmed that Akrapovic are currently developing a system for their AMA bikes.
TRS (Uk based) have confirmed that Scorpion have been developing a system with Oxford TAG, in BSB (I think...).
Someone earlier mentioned that 2Bros are developing something (although I wouldnt buy one).
Arrow obviously have something released...

The other thing we may need to consider, is the exhaust layout and location of the Rearsets on the Daytona the same as the 13 ST3.

SC Project have a nice looking system released for the ST3, which may or may not fit the 'Tona.

http://www.sc-project.com/triumph_street_triple_675_2013_e.htm

Im going to be holding out to see what Akra release, but out of the systems that we have actually seen pictures of, I think the SC Project looks (aethetically) best - but I havent an idea for performance or sound. If you look at the third pic on the link above, that would come closest to looking like an M4 exhaust, if it were to infact fit the Daytona...

#15 ·
midpipe is diff I think. The stock cans has a pile of junk behind the heat shield, giant cat. From what I can tell the arrow kit removes all that. Also someone mentioned that slipon's for the 2013's are a lot more complicated than just hanging some springs? Not too sure.

#26 ·
Agreed, i didn't want the Arrow on my bike at first but the fact that you have to remove the exup and have the techs shut down the engine management warning light with other can options put me off that idea, atleast until some other mod is available that let's you keep the functionality of that light. It covers other functions aswell, injection etc and i didn't want warranty issues.

Two bros stuff looks like crap, they found a solution to that problem though and use a bracket to fool the exup motor that it's still functioning so it doesnt have to be shut off.

Austin racing's stuff look amazing, their GP3 system looks awesome with low side exit cans in several different models, the V2 and V3 especially in either titanium or cabon. They also sell a great looking bellypan insert for the left side that will arrive here this week.

I asked the service center to retain the stock heatshield instead of using the one Arrow supplied. It fits perfectly and the stock bolts can be used and bolts through both the stock and the Arrow heatshield, it hides the ugly Arrow midpipe and the bellypan looks cleaner. Will have it powder coated to match the coming left side.

#20 ·
I saw an Arrow slip on for the first time on the weekend and it does look a lot better in person than in pictures. Doesnt seem so bulky.

TaylorMade are currently developing a system (using one of our own's bike to design) that we should see something of in the next month or 2...

#28 ·
Generally speaking, aren't slip ons just to get your bike louder? Do you need a remap of the ECU if just adding a slip on?

Also, maybe it's just me but I personally like the stock exhaust look better than the Arrows. They sound pretty damn good when WOT but quiet when just idling. I think they're perfect for someone who rides a lot since you don't go deaf.

#29 ·
#38 ·
I am. It's really good, build quality is solid and it arrived in England from Italy within 7 days.

Sound Clip

#39 ·
A lot of companies are not releasing systems for the 2013 bike due to the fact no one can turn off the dam light on the clocks once the exhaust valve is removed. We have worked with a AR and come up with a solution. So we are now selling the Scorpion, AR and our own low systems. Anyone in the UK wanting a cheap race rep system made from their stock headers please get in touch.

#43 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.