Triumph 675 Forums banner

Need help fitting track body work.

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Hockeyerge 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

We are getting ready to go to the track for the first time with our 2011 675R and picked up some body work

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A5Z7RW4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know that I will need to drill holes, but since there weren't instructions (yes it was cheep) I am not 100% sure where to drill. There are some obvious spots. I can only find 2 spots on the upper fairing and 1 on the lower and I cannot see how they attach to each other. The tail also only has 2 points and the front fender I am not sure how may it has. I know I need to get some type of fasteners for the body work or can I use the hard ware that holds the OEM stuff on?

Thanks and I can take picts if it help.

-Ts

PS. I think I need to use dzus fasteners...Any help would be appreciated.

#3 ·
You can use most of the OEM hardware for mounting the bodywork.

As Sloan said wait on drilling the mounting holes until you mock it up on the bike. (the help of a friend makes this much easier).

Once you are sure there are no clearance issues (exhaust, case covers etc) my normal 1st step would be to install the dzus fasteners for the upper and lower. I would then take the bodywork back to the bike and attach the upper and lower. Make sure the front scoop is secure and then drill your holes for mounting to the upper fairing bracket (while your friend helps you hold the bodywork in place). After the upper fairing bracket is done move down to the center mounts on each side and this will complete the upper. Keeping the upper and lower attached and using the mounting hardware at the 4 locations you will be able to eye ball the two lower mounts (below the rearsets).

#4 ·
OK thanks for that suggestion. Now maybe you can help me with this issue. I took off the rectifier and I cannot remember how to re attach it to the bike. Does it attach to the bike or to the body work which then attaches to the bike. Also not sure how to attach the wiring stuff on the right side. Any pictures or diagrams would be really helpful. Maybe just drawing on the pictures provided would be fine too.

-H

Attachments

#5 ·
The stock rectifier sits inside the stock fairings. On my Armor bodies there is a little pocket on the right side of the upper fairing. I attached it with industrial grade velcro. A more permanent option is to fabricated a bracket that will bolt to the rectifier and the air intake tube allowing the rectifier to sit inside the nose of the upper fairing.

I went the cheap and fast route cause frankly my triumph is my throw away track bike.

#9 · (Edited)
So for anyone else needing to do this. Here are some zip ties used to remount the rectifier. I took off the bracket that was uses to hold it to the OEM plastic fairing. This just shows 1 zip tie (actually 2 put together to get around the air intake). I secured it in two spots. This just shows 1 spot.

And got the rest of body work on. Ready to head to the track.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.