Triumph 675 Forums banner

Keyless track mod

22K views 72 replies 41 participants last post by  TariqC 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm converting my 07 to track only duty in the coming months. Would somebody mind pm'ing instructions for keyless operation please?

Thanks a lot!

JD

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#6 ·
It sort of depends how you make the modifications. I had a junk ignition laying around so I cut it up and made the wiring changes on the ignition side of the connection where it plugs into the main harness. Then if I ever want to switch back I just have to unplug the modified ignition and plug in the keyed ignition.

#12 ·
We really don't want that kind of info floating around the forum for all to see. It's pretty much a "how to hotwire a 675" type of thing.

Personally I don't think it's a big deal. The professional thieves can probably figure it out themselves and the dumb ones are too stupid to search the internet and find out. But some people get their panties in a wad over it.

#14 ·
i agree its not something i think we want just floating around for anyone to see. all interested parties have been messaged instruction ;)

#30 ·
I'm putting on the Attack clamps and plan to replace my ignition with a toggle switch.

Looking at the ignition wiring diagram, I don't see any resistors or other thief deterring trickery.

So, is it as simple as cutting off the existing ignition barrel and wiring the new toggle switch in place to complete the appropriate circuits?

#32 ·
I'm putting on the Attack clamps and plan to replace my ignition with a toggle switch.

Looking at the ignition wiring diagram, I don't see any resistors or other thief deterring trickery.

So, is it as simple as cutting off the existing ignition barrel and wiring the new toggle switch in place to complete the appropriate circuits?
Hey CJC,

What have you found in the way of a source for decent toggle switches for this? I'm about to go keyless and also thinking of replacing the kill switch/starter w/ something a little smaller.

Any info appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.