Triumph 675 Forums banner

Newbie on here

685 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  badbilly 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just bought a 2000 mile 2012 STR complete with some nice goodies already on it, looking forward to picking it up next weekend.

This will be the first 'middleweight' bike I have owned in years, most recent I bike is a Aprilia Tuono RSV1000 which is going in PX.

Has anyone else changed from a litre bike to a Street Triple and if so how do you find the difference?

Mine has a Triumph quick shifter, never used one of these so looking forward to that experience as well.

#2 ·
I'm actually coming from a S1000rr to the 675r and have found quite a bit of differences. I'm 6' tall and feel more comfortable on the BMW (ergonomically)but seem to have more "fun" on the Triumph. The middleweight just seems to go where I want it when I want it to go there. The BMW is amazing in its own right, but has all the electronics to back it up. The 675R has more reliance on rider-feel than electronics, which is a preference of mine.
Enjoy the new ride!

#3 ·
Great first impression!

Thanks for that nice to hear someone else's point of view and must agree with you regarding the old school 'feel' element of the bike.

I picked up the STR on Saturday and resisted the temptation to go straight out for a blat and spent a couple of hours setting the bike up for me (as 6'3" and 110kgs no bike ever handles with factory settings for me!!). This paid off as I know have the bike handling exactly as it should, precise nimble and stable when pushing hard in corners, I love it!

The brakes are superb and the engine is a gem, I was surprised how easy it is to ride without chasing up and down the gearbox if you fancy a steadier ride, but when I hit the twisties I started revving it harder and using the quick shifter my god progress was swift! I don't kid myself that mates with big sports bikes won't be all over me on longer straights but through the corners the STR is in its element.

Over the weekend I got a couple of decent rides in & put 280 miles on it, so early days, but first impressions are that I have done the right thing as I feel that I can ride the wheels off the bike something that I could never say about a superbike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.