Triumph 675 Forums banner

2011 D675 Valve Adjustment question

6K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  bsegel007 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2011 Daytona 675 with just about 12k miles on the clock. I plan to do the majority of the 12k service myself but will need the professionals, i.e. my dealer to do the valve check/adjustment. I was wondering if anyone truly knows how often a 2nd gen D675 falls into the category of needing the valves actually adjusted. The bike has not been tracked ever, nor has it been hammered or pussyfooted around.
Thanks in advance for your input!:smile2:

#2 ·
I will find out in a month. My 2011 has 12k almost all track. I will be doing SAI and flapper delete along with installing billet oil cooler from UK Race Support.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Yep, most bikes I've seen needed their first adjustment at 24k. However, if you're paying a dealer to go all the way in to check the valves, you may as well have them put to the middle of spec. Otherwise, I'd find someone in your area to help you DIY since there's a 90% chance they'll only need measuring.

#9 ·
When I did my valve check at 12k (20k kms) I had a couple that were out a bit. But after moving the shims around I only had to buy 2 shims and got everything in spec. I have to do it again this winter as I have 45k kms on the bike now and see how everything moved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.