Triumph 675 Forums banner

Attack Performance GP shift question

14K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  Phicurious86 
#1 ·
I just bought a D675R for track duty and so far I'm really happy with it. It came with Attack rearsets in standard shift. I've been riding GP shift for some time now and prefer to keep everything the same. So I called Gil and told him what I wanted to do. He said it's an easy job and would ship the necessary parts (great customer service BTW). The parts came in the mail and I'm not seeing how two bolts and two spacers will reverse my shift pattern. Anyone care to educate an unexperienced 675 owner? Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
If I remember right, you remove the bolts from the shift rod and the shift lever. Once those are removed, there is a metal piece that can be swung around that should have three different sections for bolts to go through, one of which has three or four holes. The shift rod connects to one of those three holes (where it was before), but the shift lever connects to the other section which had nothing going through before.

Sorry, this is hard to explain, especially from memory. Feel free to ask a follow up question and I'll do my best to answer.

#4 ·
Anyone using GP shift have issues with the rear shift link arm bolt contacting the swingarm? This is more a problem if you have long legs and are trying to move the peg rear and as low as possible. Then the shift toe is too high to be comfortable. I ended up the last time making a longer shift rod as there were none available...you could find shorter, but not longer. I added extra washers behind the rearset mount, but did not want more than two. It all ended up barely workable and makes me nervous if I were to ever fully bottom out the shock.

#8 ·
my experience is opposite. it was seamless with oem rearsets regardless the rpm. . now it feels like qs cuts the ignition, but shifter movement comes a little late hence the shifting is not like butter anymore. mid rpms no problem but bike jerks at high rpms, also I feel it is not easy on the gerabox. I wonder how can I match their actions.

#12 ·
This is on my '12 D675R setup for GP shift

Hope this helps

#21 · (Edited)
I also highly recommend switching out the pivot plate and shift star.
I can confirm part numbers later this evening for 13+ Daytonas
Detent = T1191060
Pivot plate = T1194900

I was missing a lot of shifts with the quick shifter at barber and little tally and took the old parts out to install the new ones
The old pivot (also called detent plate) was sheared off on the edges. Bad!

Feel free to pm me or call/ text for any assistance.
Pergrem here on the forum helped me a lot and the service guys at the dealership.
Make sure you have a clutch basket holder and a good torque wrench.

As you can see the updated kit is much improved and allows for more accurate and smooth shifting.
The attaches pictures are the comparison. My bike only has 10k miles give or take when I replaced this kit.

Love the attack rearsets and this bike!

Attachments

#23 ·
thank you very much. ordered the shift star as well.
I hope I can do clutch holder myself, or I will let the sevice do the job.

bad news is parts expected to be here after a month, can be more. I e-mailed calmoto but no answer yet. is there any source to get the parts faster?

#25 ·
I checked bikebandit, shift star is available but their catalog shows only T1194525 (older version) pivot plate for all models, T1194900 is nowhere in their catalog. they also need at least 10 days to ship so it seems I will wait my dealer to get them next month. I hope wear will be less if I use more clutch.

cheers

#27 ·
From the looks of your setup you might try moving the shift linkage point (at the counter shaft spindle) more towards the front of the bike a tooth or two to see how that feels in comparison.

My bike shifts better with the spindle arm pointed more forwards than straight up/down from the counter shaft.

Though if it feels good to you now, then I wouldn't mess with it, as yours looks to have the slight forward bias the bike likes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.