Triumph 675 Forums banner

Hey Hey Hey... Just nabbed a 2013 D675R!

688 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  petah50 
#1 ·
After 30+ years of liter bikes I made the jump to a Daytona. Finally let go of the big bike mentality after my first 4 track days. The V4 Aprilia Tuono was a blast but I wanted something more nimble. that I can improve my track skills on.

#2 ·
Congrats and welcome to the best middleweight made.

I've been on a few literbikes myself, but I actually still consider the 675 a big bike. Or at least, still fast enough to get you in serious trouble if you don't respect it.

To me, the 675 had the best balance of torque and top end compared to traditional i4 middleweights.

#3 ·
Good choice... There's just something about the Daytona that people don't understand till they ride it. It's not always about the peak power.

The low and mid range torque of the 675 is something so many bikes lack. I rode a 1000cc Sports bike for the first time last week (2015 GSX-R1000) and the Daytona (mine has -1t on the front though) definitely has more go from 2000-7000rpm. This really surprised me, but then after 8000rpm the GSXR scared the crap out of me.

#4 ·
Someone who's opinion I respect steered me away from and RSV4. He explained that the Ape would just keep asking me to go faster and when I finally do crash (cause we all do) that it would hurt a lot more. =) More to it than just that but I got the drift.

Ok, maybe not right away...I still took a 3 hour spin on an RSV4, just in case, but honestly, it didn't feel right to me.

Hopefully the D675 will let me improve my track skills. I know it'll still be a blast no matter anything else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.