Triumph 675 Forums banner

The Exhaust Reference Thread

192K views 558 replies 129 participants last post by  TomCatPA 
#1 · (Edited)
A helpful reference for those asking the question... "Which Exhaust is best?

(Please let me know if I've forgotten any so I can add them to the list)
(Also, keep an eye out for dead/outdated links so I can fix them)

Daytona

Exhaust System Schematics:
2006-2008
2009+

Ajko - Slipon
Akropovic - Slipon - Full - Full
Arrow - Slipon - Full
Bodis - Slipon
Competition Werkes - Slipon
Devil - Slipon - Slipon
Fresco - Slipon - Slipon
Exan - Slipon - (This exhaust appears to have been discontinued)
GPR - Full - Slipon
Ixil - Slipon
Jardine - Slipon
Leo Vince - Slipon - Slipon - Slipon - Slipon - Slipon
Micron - Slipon
Mivv - Slipon
Remus - Slipon - Slipon - Full - Full
Sarachu - Slipon
Scorpion - Slipon
Shark - Slipon
Staintune - Slipon
Termignoni - Full
Thunderbike - Slipon - Slipon (This exhaust appears to have been discontinued)
TRS - Slipon - Slipon
Trident - Slipon - Slipon - Slipon
Two Brothers - Slipon - Slipon - Slipon - Slipon - Slipon - Slipon - Slipon - Slipon - Slipon - Slipon - Slipon
Triumph Off Road (TOR) - Slipon (Identical to Stock)
Yoshimura - Slipon - Slipon - Slipon
Zard - Slipon - Full

Daytona Album Link
Google Shopping
Bing Shopping

See less See more
#517 · (Edited)
#521 ·
Arrow Exhaust

So I do not know if this has been discussed or if anyone knows or has experience, but I spoke with a Triumph Dealer Service Department. They mentioned that when you purchase an Arrow Slip-on Exhaust from them, they include an ECU download from Triumph that optimizes the new slip-on. This ECU flash is free and is specifically designed by Triumph to compliment the new exhaust and help the Triumph to run perfect with the addition of the Arrow Slip-on. All you have to do is pay for the extra shop time and Dyno use. BTW, this was all in regards to a 2014 Triumph Daytona 675R.

What is everyone's experience with this and does anyone have any thoughts about the ECU flash. I'm sure its all positive. Maybe some of you didn't know about this like me. Its not listed or advertised by Triumph and may be normal for them to always install anyways. I think this may have made up my mind as to the perfect and only reason to buy this slip-on from the dealer. Thanks guys!

#524 ·
So I do not know if this has been discussed or if anyone knows or has experience, but I spoke with a Triumph Dealer Service Department. They mentioned that when you purchase an Arrow Slip-on Exhaust from them, they include an ECU download from Triumph that optimizes the new slip-on. This ECU flash is free and is specifically designed by Triumph to compliment the new exhaust and help the Triumph to run perfect with the addition of the Arrow Slip-on. All you have to do is pay for the extra shop time and Dyno use. BTW, this was all in regards to a 2014 Triumph Daytona 675R.

What is everyone's experience with this and does anyone have any thoughts about the ECU flash. I'm sure its all positive. Maybe some of you didn't know about this like me. Its not listed or advertised by Triumph and may be normal for them to always install anyways. I think this may have made up my mind as to the perfect and only reason to buy this slip-on from the dealer. Thanks guys!
I've Arrow full sys on my '14 in Colombia and same applies here. They remap the ECU from the dealer to optimize AFM And also keep the warranty. also by software they remove the CEL from the exup valve without any external thing. Just took out the whole system.

#525 · (Edited)
Just scanned thru all 53 pages of this thread, but I can't seem to find full system compatibility across years.

What does it take to fit an 06-08 full system on a 09-12 (specifically 2010) Daytona? For whatever reason full systems seem to be scarce for the 09-12s, but they are all over the place for the 06-08s and 13+.

There's a nice 06-08 Remus full system on Ebay for a good price I'm eyeballing.

EDIT: May have just answered my own question -- found a thread that says 06-08 exhaust ports are round, and 09-12 exhaust ports are oval. So I imagine that means it wouldn't work without custom headers.

#530 ·
Does anyone have a sound clip of the SC Project CRT with MJS headers?

I'm thinking about that combo for my 15 Striple R. What else would I need? PC5? Any CEL come on when you run a decat?

MJS and TERMN8R (sp?) are the only full exhaust systems I know of for the bike. Are there any racing headers?

#531 ·
Sorry if this has been covered before but can't find it.....

Have just bought a 2016 Street Triple R and looking at getting the HP Course Hydroform exhaust.
I've been told its not compatible with the 2016 due to a change in the emmisions setup of the bike.... is this correct?

#546 ·
I saw all those. Too much money. I want to get a set of stock headers so I can send them to TERMN8TR to modify. I don't want to send him mine, because lets be honest, who wants down time from the 675 lol.

I mean if ppl are willing to pay $200, I'd sell my stock one and buy the Akrapovic:rofl2:

#547 ·
Keep in mind that's $200 with free shipping. So at least $50 of the price maybe more is shipping. Regarding getting yours modified. A modified header is only good for about half the power of a purpose built one because the purpose built ones have larger tube diameters. They are definitely worth the money if hp is what you are seeking.

#548 ·
Thanks for the info. The akra header claims 5hp gain, so one could expect only 2hp and a few lbs shed if I was to send my header to TRMN8TR or MJS?

You say the primaries are larger diameter on the purpose built headers, but I can't find any info on the Akrapovic headers, and it bolts up to the stock midpipe. How much bigger can it be? Maybe it just has a better flow design and weighs less than stock?

#550 ·
2009 (gen2) exhaust

I've been searching for a few weeks now for a full system race exhaust for my 2009 Daytona track 675...looks like nobody makes them any more. Basically, mine is pretty much dead - repaired the headers for cracks 3 times now and it is time to get a new set.

I was hoping to pick up either an Arrow full titanium system or akrapovic but they are no longer available. Anyone able to steer me to a good system? I'll need it for the winter rebuild (just repaired again last week so good for rest of season at least)

#554 ·
I've been searching for a few weeks now for a full system race exhaust for my 2009 Daytona track 675...looks like nobody makes them any more. Basically, mine is pretty much dead - repaired the headers for cracks 3 times now and it is time to get a new set.

I was hoping to pick up either an Arrow full titanium system or akrapovic but they are no longer available. Anyone able to steer me to a good system? I'll need it for the winter rebuild (just repaired again last week so good for rest of season at least)
We have developed headers and collector for the 2006-08 and 2009-12. Just need to prove them on the dyno but no one has a bike spare at the moment!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.