Triumph 675 Forums banner

What spring do I pick?

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  nixthewiz 
#1 ·
I'm looking to swap out my stock spring for something that suits my weight. I weight 175lbs without gear. Should I get the 550lbs or 600lbs spring? What is the spring dimension (is it 7 x 2.25)? I do mainly street riding on the bike. Nothing really aggressive.

Also does switching the shock out affect how the bike handle 2-up riding?

#2 ·
I have a spring you might be interested in, it is a Hyperco 7", I am 160 w/ gear and only ride track (advanced) so for your at 175 with only street riding, this might work. Since you want a little more plush of a spring. Not to mention we are talking about a 15-20 pound difference in actual weight, where as springs only come in like 50 pound increments.

Off the top of my head I am going to say it is 550... But there is a possibility it's 500. I need to pull it off the bike today to check, I am swapping to my new (refurbished) Elka which I just got from Steve at Fluidology, it uses a 6" spring so I will not need the 7".

#8 ·
I think the stock spring is like 7.5 but all aftermarket springs are 7". You use the preload to adjust the ride height... The same as the forks, stock springs are shorter then lets say Race Tech Springs. So you have to cut the preload spacer in the forks... For some reason, no one makes direct replacements, probably for a wider array of uses...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.