Triumph 675 Forums banner

Highway 36 Northwest CA.

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  zammer 
#1 ·
Has anyone out there ridden highway 36 from redbluffs to highway 101 in northwest California? Can you make it on a tank of fuel with the 675 riding reasonably quick?:smile2:

#2 · (Edited)
You will be on fumes!!

141 miles on one tank is tough.. There is gas midway, so you should have no problem..

Now about the road.. I spent a month in eureka and road 36 6!times���� It is amazing. One of the best m/c roads I have ridden.. If possible I would suggest you ride it both directions..

There is a good burger in mad River..

It will take you 3 days to wipe the smile off..!! Not the Burger ..the Road!

#3 ·
141 miles on one tank is tough.. There is gas midway, so you should have no problem..

Now about the road.. I spent a month in eureka and road 36 6!times���� It is amazing. One of the best m/c roads I have ridden.. If possible I would suggest you ride it both directions..

There is a good burger in mad River..

It will take you 3 days to wipe the smile off..!! Not the Burger ..the Road!
Plus one on this!!!

#6 ·
Rode this a couple weeks ago out of Eugene. From Yreka full length of Highway
3 down Scott's Valley, over Mt Scott pass, down the Trinity river past Trinity Lake, through Weaverville, continued Highway 3 to 36, kind of in the middle, out to the coast, back east toward Red Bluff but I had a room in Redding so I took the Platina road cutoff. Amazing scenery all the way. The trinity alps had lots of snow but everything was spring green down low. 36 is not over rated, it's an incredible ride and there was very very little traffic! That cut off from Platina 46 miles into redding is a little narrow and rough but outstandingly fun and shreddable on the Str.

Attachments

#7 ·
I've ridden this numerous times on my street triple - all throughout 96 and 36, 299, Salmon forks, etc. Fantastic riding up there, just amazing.

Watch out for cops on 299. between willow springs and weaverville it's heavily patrolled, and unfortunately not very fun below 80mph.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.