Triumph 675 Forums banner

Just got swindled...

7K views 56 replies 24 participants last post by  absowoot 
#1 ·
Hey guys be careful who you buy from and make sure the seller at least gives you pics of the item and all it's bits and pieces before you buy. I just got swindled for a comp works eliminator from M//drei. Told me the part came off a 2011 675r so I assumed it to be the newer model eliminator. It was missing screws not to mention that the two that I did get with the kit didn't even reach the swingarm. Gave the guy a call and pm and no reply. Watch out guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#34 ·
He gave me his address to go pick it up. The thing is that the address is an hour and a half away from me. I don't think it's worth it to pursue him for $100 but it'd be nice to probably scare him into not doing this anymore (not violently).

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#36 ·
Not like he could do anything violent to you if he gets upset. Hes just maybe 6'2 and the same weight as me which is 160lbs. Scaring him wont help though. He's probably the type of person that will never learn.

#38 ·
im one of those been on the forums for a long time and never post..maybe i should post..so at least i might have a shot at being accepted..:cool:

..this is really terrible if you ask me..and honestly..i would mos def make the hour and a half trip to put down an ass kicking..not cool..especially if its been done multiple times..yall cali cats need to link up and handle your business..

#40 ·
I have no idea. When I got the Jardine off of him he said he was getting away from the Daytona since he got a 848 Evo and was pouring all his money into that. He was probably just blowing smoke up my ass.

#43 ·
#50 ·
This is based on my experience when I used to be heavily involved in cars several years back. I'm not sure how car forums are doing their feedback system these days. To me it seems like there is a much easier way to do it but then again I'm sure it's easier said than done.

#55 ·
This is shotty. On the Subaru forum I belong to, we have an area called "Scammer Central" where these dirtbags can be reported, viewed by moderators, and ultimately blocked from all activity.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using motorcycle app

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.