Triumph 675 Forums banner

Bleeder screw leaking...fix?

7K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Dsc45shooter 
#1 ·
I changed my brake fluid the other day and noticed fluid seeping out around the threads. The screws were torqued to 6nm per manual. Do they seal these from the factory or something? This is the first fluid change. Only the rear and front master screw are seeping. Any fix?

#5 ·
Well I bought Speedbleeders. SB8125L worked great for the front two Nissin calipers and Brembo master cylinder. The rear Brembo caliper is larger and SB1010 was ordered. It fit just fine but is a little long. I'm wondering if the SB1010S might be more OEM length but I believe its actually shorter. But anyway all of the bleeders worked fine. No more seeping. I'm really surprised two of the four OEM bleeders kept seeping after first brake fluid change.

#6 ·
Well I bought Speedbleeders. SB8125L worked great for the front two Nissin calipers and Brembo master cylinder. The rear Brembo caliper is larger and SB1010 was ordered. It fit just fine but is a little long. I'm wondering if the SB1010S might be more OEM length but I believe its actually shorter. But anyway all of the bleeders worked fine. No more seeping. I'm really surprised two of the four OEM bleeders kept seeping after first brake fluid change.
The SpeedBleeders do have a thread sealant coating applied, that might be all that was needed in your case (possible thread damage on either your caliper or bleeder screw). That thread sealant is available from SpeedBleeder separately from the bleeder screws if desired.

That being said - you are now prepared for super-quick, simple brake fluid flushes. :smile2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.