Triumph 675 Forums banner

1050 throttle tube

23K views 87 replies 25 participants last post by  Daytona3 
#1 ·
Hey guys, read alot of post stating that the 1050 throttle tube is a must have

checked several threads and havnt seen info on where to purchase.
if anyone could post a link or where you got yours, i would be extremely grateful

have an 08 daytona se

:thumbup:

#68 ·
I got mine the other day and I am pretty bummed. It took longer to find the wrenches to adjust the throttle cable than it did to put on the tube. I was all set up for a good 20 minutes or so and bam, 4 minute job. Super simple to do and now my throttle side grip is super grippy.

#73 ·
The proper part number is: T2040331

You literally just swap out only this part for your stock Daytona or Street Triple throttle tube. Adjust the throttle cables afterwards and you should be good to go. This does not shorten the twist distance, it just changes the % throttle applied per distance twisted. For example, stock tube would be 10% throttle with a 5mm turn while 1050 throttle tube would be 20% throttle with a 5mm turn. (THESE ARE MADE UP NUMBERS!) Makes it more exponential than linear in my opinion.

You might also want to get different screws that hold your kill switch assembly to the clip-on because the stock philips head strip very easily. I swapped my screws to hex heads for this reason.

Thread closed?!

#80 ·
You might also want to get different screws that hold your kill switch assembly to the clip-on because the stock philips head strip very easily. I swapped my screws to hex heads for this reason.
They are JIS not Philips. Need a JIS set and they come out without much effort. I bought mine off Amazon.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#75 · (Edited)
Has anyone experienced the throttle sticking when the wheel is turned all the way to the left or right? It snaps back when the wheel is straight but sticks and revs quickly when opened and I let go of the grip while turned. Did I do something wrong? I've given it as much slack as possible for this to not happen so I don't know what else to do.

Edit: I went and wrenched the hell out of the adjustment nuts and managed to get it to not stick so much on the right side but still when turned left it climbs the revs. I may just get under the tank and adjust the cables there for more slack.

#78 ·
Right but I can't go any further. To eliminate the possibility I had it tightened in the wrong direction, I adjusted the nuts to the other direction slightly and the throttle started pulling without me turning the throttle! When I get home tonight I will see if adjusting the position of the housing itself will have an effect. If I rotate the entire housing counter-clockwise then it will give some slack to the return cable (the one on the underside). I will report back once I figure this out.

#87 ·
my 1050 finally arrived, but I'm having the same issue with sticking. it's really bad on mine though. no matter how loose I make my adjusters. did you have to take slack out at the throttle bodies too??
I had to put the stock one back on its that sticky. my bike is a 2015 675R
Installing my 1050 tube on a 2014 675R, I had to make some slack at the throttle bodies. Which was a bit of a pain in the ass, since I had to take the tank and airbox off. Worth it, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.