Triumph 675 Forums banner

Triumph Parts Fast?

7K views 50 replies 17 participants last post by  Von 
#1 ·
I've been ordering my parts from Hermy's Triumph. They are reliable, but not the fastest delivery and they offer no options on delivery.

I am looking for a US-based business that offers the quickest turnaround (even if I have to pay additional for the privilege). Does anyone have any recommendations?

And, to be clear, I mean I place an order today and they ship out within 48 hours with options for overnight/2-day delivery. Right now I am getting shipping in 3-5 days and delivery 2-4 days after that.

I realize that some parts just will take some time. But I am hoping there is some place out there that actually keeps some standard current models parts on hand.

Thanks for any suggestions.

#3 ·
Triumph parts and fast do not go together well lol
:) So I have gathered.

Right now I am just looking for little things like replacement bolts, washers, etc. So, was kind of hoping there might be some place here in the US that has these things stocked. I need (desire actually) some replacement bolts for use by this coming weekend so was checking to see if any such business existed. I get that some exotic parts, or parts for older models might not be available but I have a 2015 Daytona and had hoped a faster response service could be found. Hermys has been dependable, just not the fastest (and strangely, I do believe they have the parts in stock, it's just not their business model to move quickly I gather).

#5 ·
Other than caliper bolts, I have had good luck getting nuts/bolts/washers from Ace Hardware. The local Lowes used to have a good selection, but they've dwindled away. My local Ace Hardware is pretty darn good. They even carry chrome-plated fasteners for the Harley crowd - and keep the drawers locked up. :laugh2:

#7 ·
Just checked that site out. Pretty cool! Hard to find some of those pieces. If they ship quickly, I can see some added value against ordering OEM.

Prices are a bit spendy though.

I've used FMW Fasteners for a few bolts I've needed, like engine mount bolts. Pretty user friendly site if you know what bolt you're looking for. Ships quickly too.

#8 ·
Don't know of any fast places myself. I know that Bike Bandit was pretty slow to deliver the rear finish panel and gasket for the gauge cluster. I ordered on 1/21, didn't ship until 2/2. Hermy's actually sounds faster. I didn't mind since the bike is somewhat torn down for some winter projects, but if I needed something during riding season, I'd want a fast vendor too.

#10 ·
Don't know of any fast places myself. I know that Bike Bandit was pretty slow to deliver the rear finish panel and gasket for the gauge cluster. I ordered on 1/21, didn't ship until 2/2. Hermy's actually sounds faster. I didn't mind since the bike is somewhat torn down for some winter projects, but if I needed something during riding season, I'd want a fast vendor too.
Try ordering a Stator or R/R and you'll get to see what a real wait is like.....

#12 ·
I placed an order for two shift rods from them on the 3rd. Showed in stock. Payed for their 3 day shipping. Haven't got them yet. Checked my order status on their site and it still says processing as of the 16th. My first purchase from them and I'm not overly impressed.

#18 ·
After ordering several things through Bikebandit and waiting quite literally weeks, I called to see what was up. They apparently do not hold stock of any Triumph parts. They order from Triumph and have the stuff shipped to them, then repackaged and ship the stuff to you. Really crappy if you ask me. I've been using my dealership since then cause they price match parts. But i plan on using Hermy's for the next couple things.

#27 ·
...But i plan on using Hermy's for the next couple things.
Just to give a sense of what Hermy's does (and this example has been typical):
Order was placed on 3/15 for standard bolts - no special parts. They sent me an email today (18th) saying order is shipped.

So, not long enough of a delay for the parts to have been shipped to them from overseas but yet, not particularly speedy. That's why I believe they have the parts locally (for the most part anyway) but their operation is just not set up to rapidly turn around orders.

On the other hand, they have been consistent in their turnaround speed.

I own a 2015R and it does bug me that they still don't list a 2015 model year on their website :) That and the fact that I can't pay more to have it shipped faster. But, they are reliable. They are the tortoise that wins the race. (well, not that slow, but you get the idea)

#25 ·
Denver for now, my gf works for the city there, but we will see. Im up for an adventure.

But either way, west coast has more race tracks than KC and surrounding area, and that is what I am after.

And yeah Ive stayed at this company mainly for the benefits, and pay is alright, but I am just tired of 1 working for a big company, and 2 working a lot of weird hours and not getting much for it. Working for myself is pretty rewarding and its nice to tell someone no if I do not want to do something, etc.
The detailing thing has been 99% word of mouth, and I really enjoy it, got to work on a M5 a few weekends ago with a guy that is teaching me a lot of stuff, so that was cool.

#32 ·
IMO, Hermy's (triumphestore) is the best place to order OEM Triumph parts online. I've ordered from them on several occasions and called them to change an order once. I actually emailed them first because they were closed and called them the following day to verify the changes were made. Order was already processed so they cancelled the parts I didn't need and placed another order for the actual parts I needed but still sent out altogether. Refunded me for the cancelled parts and told me to pay the remaining balance when I received the parts.

That's awesome customer service right there, made sure I got the right parts and sent them out in one shipment even though part of it wasn't paid for yet. After I got the parts, I called them up to pay the difference.

As for ProBolt, it's a hit or miss with parts in stock and getting immediate shipping. You just have to place your order then kick back and wait for it to ship. I never paid attention to the quantities on their website, but the layout was different before so that might be why.

I never had issues with ProBolt or their customer service before. One of the aluminum 1/4 turn D-rings I ordered had a crack so I emailed them with a picture. Got a reply the next day and got a replacement in the mail a few days later.

#35 ·
This is no BS - I have ordered OEM parts from Jack Lilly Triumph (in England) and get them faster (and about the same price) than ordering from the local dealer here in the USA! So it's not Triumph per se, it's the dealer network and the Triumph-USA warehouse operation in Atlanta that's the problem. A couple of items that the local dealer said were "unattainable", like the brake caliper dowels, I had no issue getting from Lilly's.

#38 ·
I used hermys once and they were good,no complaints.
But after I realized they were just another dealer,and my dealer charged the same prices and no shipping. I figured why not give my local guys the business.
So far so good. Plus it gives me an excuse to sit on motorcycles when I go get my parts.
Can't wait to see the R1 60th aniverssay edition in person.(multi brand dealer)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

#39 ·
... my dealer charged the same prices and no shipping. I figured why not give my local guys the business.
Hermy's has no shipping charges for orders $49 or more. Also, as I am not in the state where Hermy's resides (PA?) I pay no sales tax. If I went to my local dealer I'd be paying more than with Hermy's (provided I order at least $49 worth).

#40 ·
This is true,but let's assume your dealer get parts just as quick as Hermy's. Wouldn't those few bucks in tax be worth saving the turn around time your experiencing with Hermy's?
And of course I'm assuming your checking with your dealer before ordering online.
I was pleasantly surprised recently when I called the dealer to order a fuel pump gasket,and found they had 3 in stock.
As for other parts...handlebars,levers,seat bracket,rubber grommets and some bolts(all different orders)
Always got parts within a week.
But this is just my experience with 2 dealers in my area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

#43 ·
This is true,but let's assume your dealer get parts just as quick as Hermy's. Wouldn't those few bucks in tax be worth saving the turn around time your experiencing with Hermy's?
I see what you're saying and I suppose that could work for some folks. If my dealer actually had the parts in stock - most likely. But, my closest dealer is 30 minutes away, so 1 hour round trip. And there's nothing else in that direction I ever go there for. So, at a minimum, I have a 1 hour round trip. So, unless it is immediate gratification, naw I'll just order online.

#42 ·
Ian,
You talking about the dealer at Clinton hwy?
I have nothing but good things to say about them. Super helpful service team that have given me an employee discount on every bit of work I have had them do. The parts people have always deliver parts within 5 business days. And the sales team has offered some amazing deals ( but I keep putting more money into the Daytona haha )

I'd give Em another shot if I was you.
I even met Shaun, ( last name escapes me at the moment. Will get his business card) who is the regional manager for triumph in the southeast and he told me that store is one of the highest rated in the east of the country and has the best sales from any store consecutively.

Just my experience with them.

Maybe if you didn't go around everywhere with a ski mask and Isis shirt on....? Hahahaha

#44 ·
Ian,
You talking about the dealer at Clinton hwy?
I have nothing but good things to say about them. Super helpful service team that have given me an employee discount on every bit of work I have had them do. The parts people have always deliver parts within 5 business days. And the sales team has offered some amazing deals ( but I keep putting more money into the Daytona haha )

I'd give Em another shot if I was you.
I even met Shaun, ( last name escapes me at the moment. Will get his business card) who is the regional manager for triumph in the southeast and he told me that store is one of the highest rated in the east of the country and has the best sales from any store consecutively.

Just my experience with them.

Maybe if you didn't go around everywhere with a ski mask and Isis shirt on....? Hahahaha
Yeah, that one. I've been in there three times as a customer and all three times I left empty handed and annoyed.
First time I had just purchased my Triumph and went there for somethings small like a keychain or something, there was one person working the parts counter talking to a customer about an obsolete part for 30 minutes. In that 30 minutes they never even acknowledged my existence. Nothing. Hardly even glanced at me. Another employee poked their head out of a doorway, looked at me and went right back in.
Second time I needed my front rotors warranty replaced. They wanted to keep it roughly two weeks...outside. They have (or didn't at the time) no place to keep customer bikes at night. Took it to Pandora's where they at least have a semi-enclosed shed thing.
Third and final time, I was doing the 12k on my bike and called to ask if they had the service kit in stock. Was told they didn't but had all the individual parts so I drove the 40 minutes up there to get them. I asked again if they had the service kit because it baffles me why you wouldn't keep the handy single part number kit in stock for both your techs and the customer. Was told, "We don't do kits." Translation: We make more money selling individual components. Righty-o, I'll take the individual parts. He starts pulling parts one by one, gets to the plugs and asks if I'd like to order the spark plugs? What the flying ****? I told him I'd just go home and order the single part number for the handy kit Triumph offers online.
Maybe I'm just more critical because I work at one of the most successful dealerships in the country.

#49 ·
I really like 2Wheelpros.com. some older gen things that are a little more rare, like o rings for the intake manifold on the Daytona 600 can take a while, but 675 parts and more common things like gaskets come in within two weeks. Prices are reasonable as well. Bought a new 1050 tube for less than people are selling them on eBay and it had the benefit of being new, along with that new grip smell

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.