Triumph 675 Forums banner

what did you do to your 675 today????

1M views 9K replies 1K participants last post by  siq75 
#1 ·
just like the title states, what did u do to your 675 today?

I rode mine to pick up a gel passenger seat, then installed front and rear brakes, and polished/waxed the paint

#8,453 ·
Continued down my checklist of things to do to make sure the D675 is ready for the track again after my big off...

Today the forks were pulled, checked over, yokes checked, everything reinstalled and made sure the whole front end was realigned straight as it was all a little tweeked.

Slowly getting there with the bike, and also getting closer to getting my left shoulder track ready again as well. :grin2:

#8,460 ·
So today I tried to install a couple of cosmetic mods I was very excited to get, namely, a zero gravity SR back windscreen on my black '14 Daytona, and a competition werkes fender eliminator. The windscreen went fine and looked great! The fender eliminator.. well...

Let me just say that I am not mechanically inclined. I play musical instruments and write poetry and short stories and drink whiskey. I got into motorcycling because I love the thrill, the challenge, and the speed. I have been trying to learn the mechanical part, but it's coming very slowly.

Anyways, the instructions that came were completely worthless. They were missing major steps and assumed a level of skill and knowledge I clearly did not possess. After about 10 hours over 2 days though, I finally got everything basically in the right place and the wires hooked up exactly how the garbage directions said to, or as near as I could approximate. Moment of truth... turn the key, hit the blinker, success!! The correct blinker flashed it's approval at my growing acumen. feeling extraordinarily accomplished, I completed the unexpectedly arduous task of putting her back together and fired her up.

None of the blinkers work now. I am a man defeated.

#8,461 ·
Brembo equals Smiles

Wiped the bike down and finally took a few pics of the latest brake mods and what not. Also installed a billet on/off start switch.

Brembo M50 monoblocks, slightly lighter than the M4, plenty of stopping power... FYI they use the same brakepads as the M4's so compatibility there.
Swapped my brembo 19 RCS to the matched brembo RCS 17 for the M50's, the 19x18/20 is way to much and lacks any feel.
Need to change my radiator fluid out for some water & water wetter for the year..

#8,467 ·
Reactions: Daytona3
#8,473 · (Edited)
Machined some clipons with clyons for our bikes. Clamp and carbon tube weigh less than just the renthal tube. 1/4 lbs weight savings just on clipons per side :coolgleamA:

106g clamp and 55g carbon tube

Attachments

#8,474 ·
Machined some clipons with clyons for our bikes. Clamp and carbon tube weigh less than just the renthal tube. 1/4 lbs weight savings just on clipons :coolgleamA:

106g clamp and 55g carbon tube
Very nice!....

I just swapped over to my trackwheels/tires and started to get her ready for April... The BST wheels needed some cleaning after sitting all winter... Forgot how super sexy that carbon looks when clean.

#8,478 ·
Hot damn munch. I like Em. You could name a price with a quality product like that and people would be all over it. Look great!

I have neglected to post up here... Mostly because instead of taking pictures and setting aside time to jump on here and explain myself, I am just spending more and more time modding. Hahaha!
It's been a fun adventure but damn I'm ready to have the bike back together and ride!!!

#8,479 · (Edited)
The bst wheels i have here have a vortex sprocket on them that was machined to fit. I was under the impression that these needed a custom sprocket but i never actually looked into it.

Got the spacers done last night. Fit flush on both sides even with the clip. I have to measure up the rear when i get a chance.

The plan is to slowly replace anything I can make for this bike >:)

Attachments

#8,484 ·
Got some vinyl samples in the mail.

Woody wagon, anyone?

Wouldn't do it on my street stuff, but seriously considering it on my track plastics.
Why not? Do something fun and unique!

Not a major mod, but something important and kind of fun in my eyes. Bought a new battery (dang 1st gen bikes with their small battery trays!) and a new battery tender JR. Since I've gotten tired of having a borderline battery when starting, I decided to add the tender pigtails to the battery so I can have the bike always charging in the garage. Routed them through the back of the bike and between the tray and subframe. It's a bit tight, but it'll work. Then ziptied it in a couple areas so it won't be wiggling around at all.

The picture is a bit dark, but you can see where the connection comes out next to the license plate. Forgive the dirt, just had gotten back in from a wet weather ride.

#8,487 ·
Euro companies typically do it one way VS the Japanese brands that is for certain.. typically in better fashion :whistle:

#8,490 ·
Haven't touched the bike in a long time what with the house and baby, but I finally got around to changing my tires finally. Front was eating through the wear bar and rear was just a square. Need to build me a bead breaker, using just handtools suck.

Also, HF got their parking lot sale going on right now and a 25% coupon for sunday. Gonna pick me up a lift! Still debating on the air/hydraulic bottlejack mod.

#8,496 ·
I highly recommend the Motion Pro set (the $50 one on Amazon). Irons and spoons in one - get that, some rim protectors and their Bead Buddy and you'll wonder why you waited so long.

As far as answering the title of the thread, I flogged her at the track and ended the day on two wheels (which I can't say for my last track day). All the mods over the winter seemed to workout well, although it did take a session or two to get my clutch dialed in correctly after installing new levers.

Ended up being a nice day in NJ (started out raining and miserable but mid 60s and sunny in the afternoon).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.