Triumph 675 Forums banner

this cant happen

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Smoke 
#1 ·
this is an issue that can and prolly will affect all of us that ride dirt. check this link out and please help a great cause by signing the petition. thank you

http://letusride.org/

#3 ·
thank you sir

#5 ·
Sounds like the neighbors are trying to sell their house, or they just moved in. I realize we only get one side of the story but regardless, anyone who resorts to threatening their neighbor and the other actions they've taken, over something like that should just be given a "get f$#%ed!" from everyone involved.

#6 ·
Yea it is only one side of the story but for instance when I was out in CA the mayors wife always used to complain about the thursday night drag racing from 5pm-9pm and they tried to shut the track down. I understand things get noisy but I am sure Irwindale Speedway was put their and operating before they lived there.....

There has to be compromises, you can't just force people to not do things on their own private property but you should respect your neighbors. This is what noise ordinances are in place for, as long as they follow the county/ local laws then there shouldn't be an issue. Instead of trying to take away peoples rights to personal property maybe they should be contacting the local mayor and try for a time change on noise levels.....

People piss me off these days, such selfish jack@$$E$.

#8 ·
Signed. My ex gf in CA has a son and the dad has a private home made course out in the country that he would take his son out to learn to ride his dirt bike on. I don't ride dirt (yet) but don't want that opportunity taken away from him. Let the kids ride and learn a fun sport.

#10 ·
these guys are my friends. they followed all the rules. did everything correctly. got the permits, still followed all the rules. now the neighbors havw complained so much they are wasting the cities time. so the city instead of doing whats right and letting them have thier track. which by the way they ony ride two days a week and never early or late. they respect the sleeping time and quiet time of evening/morning.

#11 ·
It can and almost did happen with sport bikes, most of you are too young to remember Senator John Danforth and the laws he wanted to introduce, the AMA helped fight to defeat this and helps fight to keep off road areas open, they are about the only voice you have in big government even if I don't agree with everything they do I still pay my dues.

#15 ·
This is shady at best. If they are within the sound ordinance, and they aren't doing anything illegal, whats the issue the neighbors are having?

signed, and liked on FB

#16 ·
I'm with you guys, we have the same ones here, FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT TO PARTY ! :laugh:

And only #675 wins, sorry :rofl2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.