Triumph 675 Forums banner

MOKANAR (mo-ok-kan-ar)

307K views 4K replies 54 participants last post by  Neanderthal 
#1 · (Edited)
MOKANAR (missouri-oklahoma-kansas-arkansas)

Thought I'd start a new thread, as not all of us are from KC. Be nice to have our own header! (hint hint mods)

How much rain you all getting? I have about 3.25" since Thursday night. Raining all day today as well.

#1,878 ·
Shit you people with those easy working hours. Must be nice lol

College I worked 40+ typically and kept a 3.8 somehow best part I barely graduated high school due to lack of interest lol

Now I work on average 70ish hours a week lol but I at least get paid for it in the good ways haha

#1,881 ·
Shit you people with those easy working hours. Must be nice lol

College I worked 40+ typically and kept a 3.8 somehow best part I barely graduated high school due to lack of interest lol

Now I work on average 70ish hours a week lol but I at least get paid for it in the good ways haha
As long as your making good money what really is there to complain about?
Hell I will take a 70 hour a week job right now, as long as the pay is good... Will bring my RSV4 to WSBK level, an open up my Arkansas resort and not even think about it. I would say the 675R but we all know the Daytona as a race bike is complete shit based on its results... As they Say a Lame Horse.

#1,882 · (Edited)
Hot damn I finally got some people to ride with. Heading out Saturday on a 200+ mile route with a 2008 Speed Triple and a 2013 Street Triple R (Ardell rode with this guy in Arkansas once). Still waitinng to hear back from Harlech on this site who has a 2009 Street triple with a Single Headlight conversion. **Edit - heard back and it looks like its just me and the first two)
:scooter:

#1,883 ·
Hot damn I finally got some people to ride with. Heading out Saturday on a 200+ mile route with a 2008 Speed Triple and a 2013 Street Triple R (Ardell rode with this guy in Arkansas once). Still waitinng to hear back from Harlech on this site who has a 2009 Street triple with a Single Headlight conversion.
:scooter:
Sweet!
Wish I could say the same, everyone is pretty far away..

#1,885 ·
Back to great tire debate.. As it is sitting right now I am going to go with another set of BT-016 Pro's since cyclegear has a special on them starting Saturday $220 a set..

The new plan is get a spare set of wheels and then mount up some "sport touring" rubber on them and swap back and forth with some reviews..
And yes I will be willing to try the ST tires on track..

Either BT-023/30 or Dunlop Roadsmart 2's.

#1,887 ·
Back to great tire debate.. As it is sitting right now I am going to go with another set of BT-016 Pro's since cyclegear has a special on them starting Saturday $220 a set..

The new plan is get a spare set of wheels and then mount up some "sport touring" rubber on them and swap back and forth with some reviews..
And yes I will be willing to try the ST tires on track..

Either BT-023/30 or Dunlop Roadsmart 2's.
Nothing like a good internet forum tire debate!

Here in Arkansas with the chip seal roads there is plenty of traction. Sport touring tires are all you need. The stick of Sport tires is not needed and they simply get chewed up to fast (less than 1000 miles). Sport tourers can get you up to 2000 if you are sane some of the time.

I have been running the 023's for quite a while now. They ride as well as the roadsmarts yet cost less.

Good luck with getting a spare set of wheels...man that would be nice. Anxious to hear the results of your comparison.

#1,889 ·
Unleash the fury mitch!

As once said in one of my favorite movies, UNLEASH THE FURY MITCH!
That is how the RSV4 is now feeling with the race Ecu and being completely unrestriced..

After all these years of having to use some type of throttle restraint with my literbikes and big twins, it is completely insane how good the electronics work!
All those videos of Gp and Wsbk racers lifting the front wheel out of corners accelerating and have the front end crossed up, is all right there in my daily ride now.
Just need to work on that whole leg off the peg, heavy braking technique now.:thumbsup:

#1,911 ·
Jenny McCarthys sister, needless to say i think differnet parents as she is not so pleasnat to look at.

Google identity thief movie.

#1,916 ·
Wanting to go ride. \Must stay planted at my desk :thumbdown:
was going to ride but the bik ewas not running!!!!!!!!

F'in fuel pump is not giving her enough gas, so much for my 438 venture into ebay pumps, time to send back for a free replacement..Brightside is that i have a spare in my track tank.

#1,926 ·
:laugh:

While you have the tubes off, you might consider getting one of these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Triumph-Day..._Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2a26c272f1&vxp=mtr

Looks a little cleaner than the old zip-tie and not much chance of scratching the stanchion tube or wiper seal. I have one ready to put on, but have to wait to pull a fork tube to do it. Figured I'd wait until this winter and have the forks sent to Traxxion Dynamics for a spring and oil change, then put mine on. I believe JD has this same ring on his bike too.

#1,937 ·
In college I was riding with a friend in a lifted truck when we got into an 'altercation' with a couple guys in a smaller brand new truck. For one reason or another :whistle: they hit the back of his truck. I saw the other truck grill laying in the street, headlights out, hood buckled, fender buckled.
My friend and I ...um...were not interested in waiting around for a police report so we left.
He later got a ticket for leaving the scene of an accident. His bumper was slightly bent.
And thats all the details of that story I will discuss in public.:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.